My fruity pebbles is looking bad

charlieborg

Market
Reaction score
I noticed this this weekend. Started getting white on parts of it. Temp has been a constant 77-78 since I got it. All other corals look fine. Water test all are good.
80322d6b197fe885510897ab9aa6f511.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved it from where it was to the frag rack just in case something was stinging bit or eating it.

Nitrite 0, ammonia 0, cal 450, ph 8.12, temperature 77-78 , nitrate 0, salt 3.35.

Using the nooph lights at preprogrammed for sos-pls. On for about ten hours a day including ramp up and down.

They have stayed about the same ever since I have had the tank set up. I haven’t done a call test yet.

My spell check is changing some of my words. But I think you can figure out what I meant.

Ok what can do to help ? Coral looks to have dead spots on it has been growing fine till last week. Not sure what might be causing it.

Is DKH the same as Alk test?

Yes, dkh is the degrees of carbonate hardness. This is the same as carbonate alkalinity (Alk) in this case.

What is your Alkalinity? Aside from that, take a closer look at the frag for Montipora Eating Nudis as well. Most likely it’s not them; but it’s possible.

Also; great job providing water parameters! In addition to the numbers you provided; what kits/equipment are you using for temp, salinity, and Alk?

Yes, dkh is the degrees of carbonate hardness. This is the same as carbonate alkalinity (Alk) in this case.

What is your Alkalinity? Aside from that, take a closer look at the frag for Montipora Eating Nudis as well. Most likely it’s not them; but it’s possible.

I’ll do a check when I get home tonight. Working right now.

That’s what apex reported it being. 1.024 is what it is on my refractometer.

The alk would be the first thing to look at. Also where is it in the tank, best place is on the bottom it likes lower light.

I havent seen phosphate level listed. Also zero Nitrate is not good, nitrate is coral food.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back