my invention: the aquaracart

spike

Sponsor
Reaction score
<span style="color: Red;">PROBLEM: Getting my 180 AGA, extremely heavy , one basement room through 2-30" openings. You see I am old and weak.

SOLUTION: The "aquaracart" A 5' long vanity base cabinet reinforced with 2x's and a bunch of screws. Also has 175 lb rated casters with ball barrings for tight turns. A 3/4" plywood top.

Here are some pics, would have taken one while in action but my on had to get to work. The lat one of the tank in place. I also was able to borrow two suction paddles from a trade partner.

</span>

Glenn, where does one pickup those suction cups? And once they are stuck, they don't move?

LorenK;134997 wrote: Glenn, where does one pickup those suction cups? And once they are stuck, they don't move?

I got those from the company that does my mirrors. They did not move. I used them to get the tank from the table it was on to the aquaracart, then from the aquaracart to the stand. Uses a air vacuum from between the cup and the surface you are carrying.

Very slick. I have often wondered if one could get some REALLY heavy duty casters and put an aquarium full on them. Would make some maintenance a dream for lots of us.

very clever Mr bond...but will it also brew a cup of esspresso while shooting laser beams? mmmuuuuhhhhaaaahahahah. j/k thats a great idea. it beatsa getting your fingers smashed underneath the tank, .....right loren?

jade76;135011 wrote: very clever Mr bond...but will it also brew a cup of esspresso while shooting laser beams? mmmuuuuhhhhaaaahahahah. j/k thats a great idea. it beatsa getting your fingers smashed underneath the tank, .....right loren?

Now For my next invention........ " Einstein/ Michaelangelo / Edison, all village idiots compared to me". I think a similar qoute in "the princess bride". j/k, I done shot my w$#@.

Cameron;135003 wrote: Very slick. I have often wondered if one could get some REALLY heavy duty casters and put an aquarium full on them. Would make some maintenance a dream for lots of us.

Sure you could....they make steel casters that would hold the weight. If they didn't punch through the floor that is!

Now, assuming that you were on concrete--once you got a few hundred pounds of water moving and one of those casters hit a stray bit of bit of...anything....I'd sincerely hope that 1.) you're pushing instead of pulling the stand, 2.) that the video camera is running (america's funniest home videos is gonna love this!), and 3.) that your homeowners insurance is up to date! ;)

Exactly! That didn't feel too good...thankfully it was about 25 degrees ouside so my finger was already numb.

jade76;135011 wrote: very clever Mr bond...but will it also brew a cup of esspresso while shooting laser beams? mmmuuuuhhhhaaaahahahah. j/k thats a great idea. it beatsa getting your fingers smashed underneath the tank, .....right loren?

Kevin & Katrina Jessop have casters under their tank... I guess it makes for easy re-decorating!

Those suction cups work great- we used them to lift my 300lb 240g tank into place- makes life MUCH easier!

Those glass suction cups work well hard to go thru door openings. we use them to set sound studio glass . how ever they are $90.00 a piece . they have moved a few tank though . I like you cart idea, easy on the back!

mojo;135552 wrote: Kevin & Katrina Jessop have casters under their tank... I guess it makes for easy re-decorating!

Those suction cups work great- we used them to lift my 300lb 240g tank into place- makes life MUCH easier!
Hmm... anyone know which ones they used?

Back