My Nem is splitting

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
Or it's growing another boob (can I say that)?

Its so hard to get a pic because its facing down, sorry.
bf75295cc345a7eaf4fec9b3e1534550_zps6b244309.jpg
alt="" />
Its detached on the top and on the left top its bulged out at least an 1 1/2". The clowns are upset too!
53b47f51f6c499e57f923e3387051d8f_zps9dd06bd7.jpg
alt="" />
This shows it the best
e65ba47e57164c94dc2a1a78a8985398_zpsa2d5b19b.jpg
alt="" />
Has anyone watched this whole thing before?

I have one in the process of splitting now. It looks horrible with the two feet spread apart and its disk is stretched out wide. It looks painful. Lol

Does the foot split first?
I can't see the foot but if I moved the Rick a little I could. Hate to bother it but....
Show me pic's please!

8380e73a2486ad351d624875f5000751_zps2409377c.jpg
alt="" />[/QUOTE]

Bcavalli;977525 wrote: I have one in the process of splitting now. It looks horrible with the two feet spread apart and its disk is stretched out wide. It looks painful. Lol

I just looked and can't see a split in the foot. The foot looks as big as my wrist, no joke!
But if its split on the top which would make sense da then I can't see it.
Please show me your Pic's!

I don't want to sit up watching all night and ruin tomorrow if I don't have a baby!

See the tentacle between the the top lump and mouth? I think that's where it will split when it gets to the mouth? Whatcha think?
0780104a21239c992a4900e3fae17bde_zps3f3df18c.jpg
alt="" />

This is the best shot I could get under the circumstances. Its kind of hard to see but you can see the left foot way out on the left edge and the right, much smaller foot on the far right. You might be able to zoom in.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
977538=55713-image.jpg
>
977538=55713-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Camellia;977529 wrote: I just looked and can't see a split in the foot. The foot looks as big as my wrist, no joke!
But if its split on the top which would make sense da then I can't see it.
Please show me your Pic's!

I don't want to sit up watching all night and ruin tomorrow if I don't have a baby!

See the tentacle between the the top lump and mouth? I think that's where it will split when it gets to the mouth? Whatcha think?
0780104a21239c992a4900e3fae17bde_zps3f3df18c.jpg
alt="" />

I have no idea. Actually this is my first natural split in my system so Im new to the process. Mine started moving around yesterday and snuck over the overflow and snuck up into the drain through a grate and into my filter sock. So I put him in a low light/ flow area of my Frag tank and this morning he started to pull apart.

Bcavalli;977538 wrote: This is the best shot I could get under the circumstances. Its kind of hard to see but you can see the left foot way out on the left edge and the right, much smaller foot on the far right. You might be able to zoom in.

Yup, they both look about the same....messed up!

Your foots huge too!
Are you going to stay up and catch it!
I feel like I should because last time I didn't and could get it off a rock that I didn't want it on...

Do you have any idea how long the entire process can take? I'm sure it varies on a lot of things, flow being a big one, just wondering!
Thanks for posting.
Yes Tbub it is :)

If you don't want to remove it during the split or it takes longer than you thought and need to sleep... I've got a quick removal solution.

Freeze a metal spoon with soft, rounded edges. When you are ready to remove the anemone, gentle massage it with the convex side of the spoon. BE GENTLE... They hate cold and metal, so it doesn't take much.

After my first 3 ½ hour episode of trying to move an anemone, I did a LOT of research. I've used this method every time mine has split since (3x), and every time it's taken me less than 15 minutes to remove the anemone from the rock completely and safe... even when the foot was so far in a crevasse that you couldn't see it.

Ill probably just let nature takes its course. Thanks for the information Kirk! Ill give it a try.

kirkplunkett;977562 wrote: If you don't want to remove it during the split or it takes longer than you thought and need to sleep... I've got a quick removal solution.

Freeze a metal spoon with soft, rounded edges. When you are ready to remove the anemone, gentle massage it with the convex side of the spoon. BE GENTLE... They hate cold and metal, so it doesn't take much.

After my first 3 ½ hour episode of trying to move an anemone, I did a LOT of research. I've used this method every time mine has split since (3x), and every time it's taken me less than 15 minutes to remove the anemone from the rock completely and safe... even when the foot was so far in a crevasse that you couldn't see it.

I took an hour nap and it's still in progress so I'll try your trick if I don't like where it is tomorrow?
Thanks Kirk.

Do you all's nems "walk" like mine does?! That critter has moved all over the tank and I'm thinking of doing the "clay pot" solution with him...... He's back behind a rock now and I can't see him well.

Mine used to move around alot, but hasn't moved an inch in eight or so months now. When it did move to a place i didn't like, I would put a small branch of live rock directly on top of the foot, and within a day, the foot would be on top of the rock. I could then easily move it to where i wanted.

Maelstrom79;977607 wrote: Do you all's nems "walk" like mine does?! That critter has moved all over the tank and I'm thinking of doing the "clay pot" solution with him...... He's back behind a rock now and I can't see him well.
They always seem to move about until they get where they like the conditions but if there happy they probably won't move often

Mimi's Fish;977631 wrote: How's the nem? Do you have a beautiful baby yet?

Omg no! Not sure maybe it's stuck in the birth canal, lol

I sopped hard to find a rock for my nem before I got it. It's got a large hole it's foot is in that'd is open on both sides. If it gets tired of light or flow it moves thru this hole behind the rock, less flow and light. It don't do that often, but has done it.
Moving Nem's are dangerous. Don't know if I would own one if it burned all my corals...

Back