My new 135 Setup

jdabs

Market
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my 135 up and running and last night I moved everything from my 45g to the new setup. Everyone is healthy and happy. The powder blue and hippo tangs are the newest members thanks to Cliff at All Things Aquatic! I'm horrible with pictures and couldn't make it to the last meeting to learn how to do it, but here are some pics anyway! Also a list of what's in the tank:

- 135 g Oceanic Tank Drilled
- 40g long sump with refugium
- Mag 24 return pump
- 2 skimmers currently running until I can afford a better one :unsure:
- 2 250w MH lights. SPS 14k lamps and currently using T5HO actinics when the MH's are off.
- Seio 1100 and Koralia 3 for flow along with the returns
- 2 False Perculas
- 3 Chromis
- 1 Coral Beauty
- 1 Diamond Goby
- 1 Blue Hippo
- 1 Powder Blue
- 1 Sixline wrasse
- 1 Coral Banded Shrimp
- 1 Cleaner Shrimp
- Snails

IMG_3142.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_3146.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_3144.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_3122.jpg
alt="" />

HA HA! Not sure if it's a magic number or not! I've been thinking about getting some more cause it's kind of cool to watch them school around. We'll see though.

It's in sump. The tank is in the basement so it keeps its temp right at 79 or 80. I'm going to install some fans to help also!

Congrats and the tank looks good.

You probably all ready know but you will need some more flow in there at some point for a reef.

Joe

Thanks everyone!! Yes Joe, I do need to get a little more flow in there. It's doing pretty good right now with the MAG 24 pushing water back in along with the power heads but I can definitely see some dead spots.

au01st;372556 wrote: Looks good! Seems like everyone only has "3 chromis", is that a magic number?
Not me...it's 1. I had 7 when I first started stocking my tank...now it's 1!! He is the trooper though!!

Looking good. The powder blue is really gonna dig the swimming room, and the more rock you add the more he will graze like a pig. Give him some nori everyday. If you have a problem with him sharing just get another clip for the regal and angel. Selcon is a great additive.
Koralia's are a good cheap fix for flow.

au01st;372556 wrote: Looks good! Seems like everyone only has "3 chromis", is that a magic number?

Nope...I've got 4 in my tank. They've been in there for about 6 months, although I had 5 to start with. I've heard you should double the amount you want to end up with when you first buy them, because some will die for sure.

- Brad

blu_devl_06;373169 wrote: John,

Tank looks good brother! Love the tangs! Glad to see everything coming together for yah! If you need anything else, you know where I am!

Thanks Cliff! You have been a huge help in getting this thing going!! Everyone needs to check out Cliff's shop! He has some crazy good deals and it really isn't that far out and well worth the drive!!:thumbs:

Back