My new 60 gallon cube is finally setup

sra_chipmunk

Market
Reaction score
I have been working on this for almost 3 months now and I finally finished it. The lights are 2 18" VHO's (super actinic and 50/50) and a XM 20K 400 watt fired off a pulse start ballast. The tank dimensions are 24x24x23 and the sump is 21x21. Octopus extreme 160 skimmer, carbon reactor, etc etc.... You get the idea.
5.jpg
alt="" />
4.jpg
alt="" />
3.jpg
alt="" />
27.jpg
alt="" />
23.jpg
alt="" />
24.jpg
alt="" />
25.jpg
alt="" />
26.jpg
alt="" />
1.jpg
alt="" />
16.jpg
alt="" />
6.jpg
alt="" />
8.jpg
alt="" />
14.jpg
alt="" />

Very nice looking..:up:. Love the pics. Real nice job on the rockwork and placement of corals.

Building the stands:
CIMG1200.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1204.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1206.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1207.jpg
alt="" />
The Mock up:
CIMG1253.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1254.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1255.jpg
alt="" />Tank and Sump side by side:
CIMG1257.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1258.jpg
alt="" />
The door to the stand and hood are held closed by magnets:
CIMG1262.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1263.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1265.jpg
alt="" />
CIMG1269.jpg
alt="" />

yeah you might want to call him and tell him to get that pic off here before the wrong people see it and he gets in trouble

neat that tank and sump match, but next time draw bigger potatoes to go with that meatloaf....

Sorry guys. I didnt catch the art work on the hood until it was mentioned on here. I deleted it off the photobucket.

looks really good I used to have a 60g cube its a great tank. However, the tank is way to small for a tang.

JetChris;344986 wrote: looks really good I used to have a 60g cube its a great tank. However, the tank is way to small for a tang.

I know, the tangs are small enough right now but I will replace them a little later.

JetChris;344986 wrote: looks really good I used to have a 60g cube its a great tank. However, the tank is way to small for a tang.

Hehehe! I was wondering when the Tang police would arrive on the scene?:D
Dave

we got the tanks from our LFS. He had to special order from a guy in another state. The tank was only $209 and comes with a warrenty and sump was only $147

I really like 60 cubes. If I move in Dec I think it will be on my possibility list of potential tanks for the new place.

That looks great, and that is a fantastic price!

Back