My new 65 is up and running

kzoo

Market
Reaction score
Well its nice to have a tank again after my 240 break down.
003-2.jpg
alt="" />
006.jpg
alt="" />

So if any one want to help seed my tank that would be cool.

Ya it is the best skimmer I have owned.
I want to say a big thanks to horsesziggy he is one of the nice guys, set me up with some live sand and live rock to kick my cycle in. One reason I couldnt get out there are some great people in this hobby.

O ya and if you havent see sals tank it is amazing the fish look as happy as being in the ocean.

Question I had very clear water up till today and now it is milky is this normal in a smaller tank cycle? never had this in my larger tanks.

nice setup what kind of rock is that its beautiful and yes sals tank is amazing thats who i got my live rock from and i had the pleasure of seeing his assume setup

flaco626nj;38228 wrote: nice setup what kind of rock is that its beautiful and yes sals tank is amazing thats who i got my live rock from and i had the pleasure of seeing his assume setup

Mashland and tonga, most was dead due to the guy I got it for dumping it in his yard with the coral (guess he was told to take the tank down by his wife) but I got some more in there now from sal, that alive and I allready see things growing on it.

kzoo, i have a couple of pieces of LR you can have... maybe 3-4# total? It's in my sump, but I'll warn you... some irritating macro algea is growing on it, so you'll likely want it for your fuge.

pm me if you're interested... or anybody else for that matter... no charge on the LR... :)

Big D;38287 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">I haven't seen milky before during a cycle (I've got a 24 and a 54 also), unless it was a sand storm. How many days are you into it? You could probably clear it up with some carbon and filter floss. </span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"></span>
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Big D</span>

I was think of carbon but wasnt sure if that was ok in the cycle, I have been up and running about 10 days. It is clearing after I ran the skimmer for about 4hrs.
005-1.jpg
alt="" />

MattTVI;38296 wrote: kzoo, i have a couple of pieces of LR you can have... maybe 3-4# total? It's in my sump, but I'll warn you... some irritating macro algea is growing on it, so you'll likely want it for your fuge.

pm me if you're interested... or anybody else for that matter... no charge on the LR... :)

Thats why this hobby is so great ^^^^^^^^^^^

kzoo thanmks for the nice words you're tank looks great hopefully soon all the rock will color up need anything look me up sal

Wow, pretty! what kind of wrasse is that? Or is it some kind of fang blenny? Doesn't look very invert-safe...

I would think the cloudy water is most likely a bacteria bloom, part of the cycle.

jessezm;40101 wrote: Wow, pretty! what kind of wrasse is that? Or is it some kind of fang blenny? Doesn't look very invert-safe...
Wrasse it is some what reef safe may eat worms and some shrimp but thats ok dont what them any way, O and eats flat worms.
prod_Display.cfm

Back