My new 92 corner

circlek

Market
Reaction score
Well, after a long and eventfull build, I finally have water in my 92 corner.

This was a big step for me, as my only other tank is a 29 gallon BioCube.

Many thanks to familyreefer for his 92 corner stand build thread. I used it as inspiration as I built my stand. Needless to say, a curved piece of furniture was probably not the best project for someone with no carpentry skills, but I think it came out OK and I definately learned a few things.

The stand is 37 inches high to allow a little more room to work underneath it. The canopy is a "flip front" style. The entire front 1/3 of the canopy flips up to allow working in the tank without removing the canopy. Some lighting is also attached to the part that flips.

Choosing equipment was also a challenge, as I had never used any of them before.

Equipment list:
92 Gallon Corner tank w/ self-made stand and canopy
20 Gallon sump
Eheim 1260 return
Octopus NW150 skimmer
Aquacontroller Jr
Auto-topoff controlled by Aquacontroller
2 Koralia 3's
250W HQI 14,000K Ushio
1x39W T5HO Giesmann Daylight
1x39W T5HO Actinic +
2x24W T5HO Aquablue

Deadstock:
Only base rock and base sand so far. The rock is 50 pounds of fiji rock and 25 pouds of fiji shelf rock from MarcoRock. I am very pleased with the look of the rock, and when it is seeded it should be beautiful.

I already have a good cycle going. I seeded the tank with some sand from my BioCube and I am already detecting nitrates in the new 92.

I need to find some additional live rock that I can use to seed this tank. I am looking for some with multiple colors of coraline for diversity. Anyone have any they want to sell?

Here are some pics. Reflectors were installed on the T5 bulbs after these pics were taken.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
64109=4263-DSCF2548.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
64109=4263-DSCF2548.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF2548.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
64109=4264-DSCF2549.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
64109=4264-DSCF2549.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF2549.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
64109=4262-DSCF2550.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
64109=4262-DSCF2550.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF2550.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Very nice....love the look of a big corner tank. More viewing bang for the buck! Great start!

Great write up on your build.

Stand looks great from what I see.

Aquascaping is professional grade.

If I promis to ply you with beer or other illicit substances, could you aquascape my tank like that? I'll let you keep what ever live rock you cant use in my tank for yourself

Yeah, I've got a few things to tie down in the canopy. Thanks Big D.

Dakota9, I really feel like I lucked out with the MarcoRock. It was the nice shapes of the rock, not my skill, that made it happen. I just dumped it all out on a big towel in a corner of my office and started arranging it. Then when I was happy I put it in the tank. I think that buying the shelf rock was the key because it keeps it from looking like a "pile of rocks".

Great job! Too many are scared to tackle a wood stand for a corner tank. It takes a little more patience but as you have seen, it is well worth it. How many can say they have a wood stand for a corner....even fewer can say "Yea, I built that" Congratulations on a job VERY well done!!!

Back