My new clowns!!!!!!!!

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
I picked these up today from a local breeder and I am siked!!!!!
I love these fish and have always wanted one,and today I got a paried set!!!!The best part is they went straight to my bubble tip!!!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
226821=13507-DSCN0716.jpg
>
226821=13507-DSCN0716.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN0716.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
226821=13508-DSCN0717.jpg
>
226821=13508-DSCN0717.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN0717.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
226821=13509-DSCN0722.jpg
>
226821=13509-DSCN0722.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN0722.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I aiso got a nice hammer coral too!!!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
226822=13510-DSCN0730.jpg
>
226822=13510-DSCN0730.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCN0730.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

The seller said they should spawn in about 2-3 months,so I may have some for sale or trade in the future.

Will those turn all black, and if you don't mind me asking how much were they.

Belive it or not I paid $100.00 for the pair!!!And yes they will turn all black,the male is already all black and the female only has a little orange on her nose.
Mockery;226847 wrote: Will those turn all black, and if you don't mind me asking how much were they.

Thanks for the info Dawgdude,and I don't know if he has anymore but I can ask for you.
dawgdude;226851 wrote: WOW beautiful pair. Does the breeder have any more? I might be interested in a pair as well. As far as raising clowns, you need to get the eggs out and into a rearing tank, then you have to have newly hatched rotifers for the babies to eat, and to keep the rotifers alive you need live phyto, then you need larger rotifers as they get bigger, then you need newly hatched brine shrimp as they get a bit bigger. Its incredibly complicated. I have a pair that lays eggs every 2-3 weeks. I dont do anything because it s just not worth it.

Thanks,I'll PM him.
andregarcia_73;226850 wrote: Nope all mine where eaten by tank inhabitants and i do know someone who might be able to help you with the basics of raising fry. Try contacting Bobz

This is a really good website... http://www.breedclownfish.com/">http://www.breedclownfish.com/</a>

They show you simple ways to take care of the babies. I'm going to try to raise clownfish babies too. I have a ocellaris pair that host a rbta also. They were lying eggs in purplegorilla's tank and havn't in mine yet but i've only had them for a month and 1 or 2 weeks.

jason sartain;226841 wrote: You got any advice??
Get ready to have a brine shrimp hatching setup as they are going to feed on live baby brine shrimp almost exclusively at first.

If you have other tank inhabitants (even the parents have been known to eat their fry), they have little breeder nets that you can isolate them in the corner of the tank if you do not have another setup to move them to.

Also the first batch of fry usually don't have a high success rate. Not sure why, but it seems like the more times fish spawn the more healthy the spawn get. Just my observation (not necessarily fact) from the few sets of fish and spawn I have raised. I would say from reading bobz thread as well it falls into this category.

Good luck if they spawn, if not no lose. Those are beautiful fish and a great piece of coral. I got a hammer frag with 3 heads a year and a half ago, I now have a hammer with 20+ heads that is bigger than a softball.

Matt

Very nice. I think I am going to get some for my new setup after I cycle.

Very cool and a great price...I wouldn't mind picking some up at that price.

Thanks guy's I'll have to read up on this aspect of the hobby,but if they don't ever spawn I've still got two sweet fish!!!

Corigan;226952 wrote: Get ready to have a brine shrimp hatching setup as they are going to feed on live baby brine shrimp almost exclusively at first.

Matt

Not really. Newly hatched fry are too small to eat baby brine. They start as rotifers, as Charlie mentioned. Nonetheless, as everyone is saying, it is far tougher than people sometimes think.

PM paumat14 she has a sweet system going with raising fry and rotifiers, i am going to get some clowns from her in a month or two and she said she would have some black ones for sale in 6 months.

You should defintely try! It's a lot of fun but also can be very frustrating. I'm in the process of doing an overhaul on my fish room to make it easier to try and spawn and raise fish. Looking forward to hearing how you make out!
Bob

blind1993;227093 wrote: PM paumat14 she has a sweet system going with raising fry and rotifiers.

Yep, Christie hooked me up with some rotifers last week and I have the cultures cooking now. Hopefully things will keep going well.
bob

Yea I've got to make sure they spawn first I guess, but I'm going to learn as much as I can just in case.

Back