My new order from Reefer madness arrived.

washowi

Market
Reaction score
They are resting in the sump with the lights off. They had a long trip from Pasadena.

The acro colony is HUGE!!!! and beautiful.....Man there can be 100's of frags off it.

Also got a flatworm eating nudibranch, and some cool snails.

As a bonus they thru in 2 FREE acro frags..not sure what type but let's see what they grow into!

Pictures after they rest and acclimate.

Todd

good deal cant wait to see the new goodies....and the possible new frags for some :)

What is really cool is the Varinans Nudubranch! He is a flatworm eater! So I am trying that route before I dose with Flatworm Exit...Still scared to do that.

New colony resting quitely with no lights.

Sorry the picture not that good. No lights.

IMG_2297.jpg
alt="" />

Yea, no kidding that thing is massive.

I suggest you head over to the frag thread for this month's ARC meeting and start fragging away, so I can get a piece myself. ;)

Glad you had a good experience with them. Shawn and I are planning to order stuff from them soon, so I am happy your experience was a good one.

Definitely need more pics when you get the chance.

I saw those FW eating nudibranchs. They looked pretty cool too.

How big were the free 2 frags they threw in?

Maveri9720 wrote:
How big were the free 2 frags they threw in?
Like the ARC frags...nothing to brag about.

One is a stalk like 3" long

The other is less than that, but it's a nice jesture on their part. Love the place.

The nudibranch was so cool, i dropped it to the bottom, it scooted striaght towards the rocks..I hope I see him again....

Hope he finds flatworms till he bursts.

Thati s a stunning piece. Looks like a pink table, is it? I have a frag from them, think it was A. Hyacinthus. I like it very much. I am going to place an order probably this weekend as well. Been very happy with them so far.

he is in search of flatworms...!!:yay:

IMG_2310.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_2306.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_2305.jpg
alt="" />

Is that a red body,blue tipped hyancithus? I purchased the same colony 2 months ago from Reefer Madness. The colony lost it's color but is still healthy and polyp extension is good and getting growth. I think these were wild colonies, so they are iffy about survival. Lot's of light and lots of flow, that is what you need. Good luck with your piece, mine is 4.5 inches acoss that looks even bigger than mine, great corals.

It's about 7" across give or take. Got to find the perfect spot in the tank for it...let the Tunze 6100 do it's thing with it.

Yes this is a wild colony as well.....its Red/pink....not sure about the tips yet. I had the lights off all day so it could rest......

The polyps are out right now, looks good. We will see what it looks like tommorrow under the lights.

What happens after the nudibrach eats all of the flatworms?

Will it starve, die, and release a bunch of toxins back into the tank?

Back