My new Vortech MP40W's

oz

Market
Reaction score
I ended up buying a pair of gen 1 MP40's last week, ordered the new wetsides ($10each) and upgraded wireless controllers ($100ea) and wow! A pair of MP40W's for under $450, can't beat that. (Thanks Ankur)

With the new firmware there are 6 modes but having a random lagoon reef mode, 1 touch feed mode, and an automatic 10hr night mode is very cool.

I have them running at around 75% right now. I wasn't sure how the fish would act but they love it.

They have only been running for a few days but it seems like the corals are much happier now as well.

Just giving my feedback to anyone that is contemplating spending more $ for powerheads/flow, it seems to be well worth it.

I was trying to figure out if the one I bought at MACNA was an MP40 or an MP40W. How does one tell the difference?

Bonez - Sam at Aquabuys will flash your drive for you.

George - If you have no buttons on your controller, odds are it is a MP40. The MP40 controllers only have the speed dial. The MP40W controller has the long light bar across the unit as well.

Thanks Chris. MP40W. The box said that, but since it was one of the display pumps from MACNA, I couldn't be sure that the box was right.

Back