My six-line is pregnant

purplegorilla

Reaction score
So I have this 6 line in my 240 that has been harrassing everyone including my prized mystery wrasse. I decided to add another 6 line from another tank that I took down in hoping that it will curb its agression.

Well not only they decided to collaberate and tag team all my fish, one of them decided to get knock up and planning to have a family. :yuk:

Not sure if you can see from the picture but her belly is pretty big. Sorry the pic is not clear, those devils are pretty fast.

6line.jpg
alt="" />

I dont know if "pregnant" is the right word- maybe hydrated with eggs or gravid, but it is cool nonetheless. Have you seen courting?

dawgdude;257150 wrote: Wow thats amazing. I didnt know wrasses would mate in captivity.
All the time. If getting the eggs from spawning to hatching that is near impossible. Not even counting post hatch impossibilities.

Six line Wrasse was one of the species nominated for the 2009 Breeders challenge but it's losing out to jawfish at the current time. It would be great to see these fish being tank raised since they are such a popular species with reefers.

Bob

bobz;257154 wrote: Six line Wrasse was one of the species nominated for the 2009 Breeders challenge but it's losing out to jawfish at the current time. It would be great to see these fish being tank raised since they are such a popular species with reefers.

Bob
Agreed, the only reason Id like to see Jawfish done more, is because they wild collection is VERY hard on the fish, and the habitat, whereas these wrasses are collected rather easily with less impact.

Trinh's plan to curb the aggression backfired and instead he doubled the problem. With his luck, all the little fry-fry will hatch, thrive and form an army.

Wrasse Attack!!!

jmaneyapanda;257157 wrote: Agreed, the only reason Id like to see Jawfish done more, is because they wild collection is VERY hard on the fish, and the habitat, whereas these wrasses are collected rather easily with less impact.

I agree.
BZ

Naughty, Naughty Trinh..knocking up that poor lil' fish! :)

Back