My Sump Build (Input Feedback Welcomed!)

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Cameron;141957 wrote: Watch do you need to do, just plumbing?

I have a 90g on a 35" stand with a 33g (long) below. The 90g has a corner overflow with a durso standpipe. I'm going to baffle the 33g to incorporate a sump, but most will be the fuge. If I have room, I'd like a 10g sump and leave the entire 33g as a fuge.

I don't know yet if the skimmer I have will work and I need to buy some miscellaneous hoses for it.

Simmer Choice #1:

motor-150-skimThumb.jpg
alt="" />

Second one down on http://www.aquatic-marvels.com/ProteinSkimmers.html">this page</a>.

Skimmer Choice #2

(picture to be added later)

I don't have any pumps/power heads yet, because I'm not sure what to buy or how this should be plumbed.

I want this to be uber quiet.

I will post pictures tonight when I get home.

That doesn't look like much of a skimmer especially for a 90g. I would consider something beefier and/or more modern. Do you plan on drilling the 10g or putting it above the 33g in some way? You could also put a small return pump in the 33g and go with an external skimmer.

not a big fan of the venturi design. they need constant attention to make sure the venturi is working properly and you're getting the right bubble size.

why not the AquaC EV-120? it seems to get awesome feedback from most of its users.

i use a downdraft skimmer (ETSS unit). moving from a venturi design, i love it. i have to clean the collection cup and neck once a month but that's about all the maintenance it requires.

Back