My Sump Is Leaking!!!!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!

jason sartain

Market
Reaction score
My sump is leaking somewhere.But I don't know if it's a corner or a bulkhead yet because I just saw it this morning,it's acrilyc so my question is can I silicone it or do I need to do something differant?If it's a bulkhead can I just dry it off and put silicone between the rubber gasket?If it's a corner can I just silicone it?

Best thing to do with acrylic tanks is use weld on. If it's leaking around a bulk head, best thing would be is to get a new one....you could try to silicone it, but it may not work.

I've fixed leaky acrylic in the past by taking a thin piece of acrylic, cutting it down and then using Weld On to glue it on top of the leak and all was fine. I have also seen silicone used to help with leaking bulkheads but make sure that it is a smooth thin bead if you want it to work. Ace is also a good place to pick up wierd gaskets if a LFS won't sell you one.

Silicone will not bond to acrylic, so don't waste your time or money with it. You can use a small bead of silicone on a bulkhead, but for nothing else.

If the seams are leaking, then you'll need weldon. Weldon 16 is easy to use and is quite thick.

I went to Lowe's and got some gasket material in the pluming section,put my leaking gasket on it and traced it out and cut out two new ones(one for the inside and one for the outside)put them on with a little bit of silicone on the outside one and walla,no more leak.
Thanks guys.
strapingyunglad;234881 wrote: watja use? i wanna know who's idea wins...

Back