My tank (a few pics)

oz

Market
Reaction score
I haven't posted pics in what seems like a long time so here's a few. My photography skills are horrible so if anyone wants to take better shots, let me know. :)

High level tank rundown:
155 Bowfront
50 Gallon Sump (underneath)
50 Gallon Fuge (in fish room behind the display)
Aquamedic Sexy suspended fixture 2 x 150W and 3 x 250W MHs
Euro reef ES82 skimmer
1/2Hp Chiller
MRC Dual chamber Cal reactor
57W AquaUltraviolet UV
Phosban reactor
2000 UPS

Livestock - too much but a few of my favorites are the Blacktongue Tang, pair of Japanese Swallowtails, Midas and Venomous Blennies, Snowflake Eel, Flowerpot, large favia, and hug brain corals.

Also, I like the old school picture management so here's what's below:

1. Overall tank shot.
2. Swallowtails and Big Blue (Tang)
3. Eli Gonzalez
4. Male Swallowtail
5. Sun Coral
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Wow! Great looking tank. I love the swallowtail. Great job!
Bob

Thanks Sal for the Goldflake and taking care of big blue (now in the SWC display) and yes i can't take a shot of the tank that even comes close to doing it justice. :(

I like the positioning of the tank under the plasma! Might have to steal that idea and set myself up another tank.

thanks guys. It's getting there.

blue throat female btw - geat fish

dmahoney82;209822 wrote: I like the positioning of the tank under the plasma! Might have to steal that idea and set myself up another tank.

THis is how I have my tank, plasma mounted above it, I also mounted mine on a swivel since my tank is room divider so plasma can turn into both rooms

mike17kb;211080 wrote: THis is how I have my tank, plasma mounted above it, I also mounted mine on a swivel since my tank is room divider so plasma can turn into both rooms
I personally think its a bad Idea. Think about the evaporation and the humidity you are exposing it to. Also I actually get salt spray on the back wall above my tank over time. Could be fine but not something I would do.

I personally think its an awesome idea. The cool factor far outways the humidity concerns, IMO. If the room is well ventilated then what's the difference of the tv being above the tank,besides,or across from it?

BTW, Tank looks great Chris!

Also keep in mind that I have glass tops because of the blennies, eel, etc. Been there for over 8 months now, no issues. Makes me not care so much about commercials like before. :up:

ChrisOzment;211107 wrote: Also keep in mind that I have glass tops because of the blennies, eel, etc. Been there for over 8 months now, no issues. Makes me not care so much about commercials like before. :up:

Chris where in Atlanta r u ?

ChrisOzment;211107 wrote: Also keep in mind that I have glass tops because of the blennies, eel, etc. Been there for over 8 months now, no issues. Makes me not care so much about commercials like before. :up:
The cover probably helps alot but for those of us that run open tops I promise you it would be a bad idea. I get salt 2 feet up the wall behind the aquarium over time.

Anyway to get back on topic your tank looks very nice.

Back