My Tank Is Leaking!

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
my tank is leaking from the bottom. And its leaking pretty quiqly. What do I do? Take every thing out and put it in buckets and wait till fish stores open to get a new tank? I'm home sick so I guess I'm lucky otherwise by the time I got home half the water would of been on the floor. Please help!
Thanks, Diane

yes start pulling everything out and put it into buckets/totes

Start draining your tank into the buckets and then drain that thing asap.

what size tank?

Diane,
I have a 29G tank that is empty if that will help you out. LMK.
I'm near the intersection of Barrett and Dallas Highway. So long as you move the fish you should be fine until you get the tank fixed/replaced. Try to save as much of the water as you can

Bob

Ok get everything out so you can get the tank drained and stop the leak

Thats step one.

Get your livestock in a bucket with an air bubbler and cover it to keep them from jumping. I would put the eel in a critter keeper or something if you have one.

Once you get everything out of the tank you have beat the hard part now get away from the computer and go go go

Ok everything is in the buckets. Chris from Fish Scales is coming over to help my mom and I set up the new tank and move everything.
Thanks for the help, Diane

WHOA been there man...Had my 120 split on me at 2am..when i had to be at work at 6..needless to say i didnt show up to work LOL..good luck and if you need help let us know

twistoflime;284112 wrote: Ok everything is in the buckets. Chris from Fish Scales is coming over to help my mom and I set up the new tank and move everything.
Thanks for the help, Diane

Chris is the man!

I hope I don't get him sick, I have a nasty cold and am home sick. My mom sys I'm not aloud to go near him because she doesn't want him to get "contaminated.":confused2:

My 30g leaked and it was the bulkhead. I still have it running at half capacity. But it looks better than ever!

There are no bulkheads on the tank, so thats not the problem. I think it was a broken sealent in the bottom of the tank.

dont you have like a 400 gallon tank?? just throw everything in there.. cycles are a myth ;-) (im kidding)

Ok everything is under control. All my stuff has been moved into a different tank and I have to tell you this set up is sooooo much better than my old one. Plus it's a good thing it leaked because we were gonna pick up the tank and move it, the bottom would of probobly popped out! I'll get pics of the new set up tomarrow.

Glad to hear everything is ok. Now go get better, and get back to school!

I'm going back to school tommarow, no matter what! I just have to watch for an ammonia spike, and if it's spikeing then I just do a 5g water change.

Back