it has been a while

let me try this again

Rich
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
24769=1640-150b gal layout.jpg
>
24769=1640-150b gal layout.jpg
class="gc-images" title="150b gal layout.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

having the refugium drain directly back to the display would be ideal

the chiller cool the tank off ok
it is 75 ft round trip
also the lines are running through the basement which is pretty cool down there

it would be nice running the refugium back to the main tank but I don't have the space for it.

Rich Martin

Hi Rich,

RO/DI units like back pressure we all know that. I think 175ft of drain (waste water) might be pushing it. Can you explain more about how the pipe will run. Also what diameter it is? Its a good idea to use the waste water. Have you designed your pond to take large amounts of water. Does it have a run off itself?

Re. the chiller, my concern is not the distance it'll be fine with that (mines about 35ft one way. I'd worry about flow. Your chiller will require quite a sizable pump to drive the water through the chiller. Most chillers need about +-500Gallons an hour. Have you thought about using your main pump to drive the water through the chiller and then upto the tank. I did it this way and it works great. Also you need one less pump.

I want to look further at your design. I cant remember now if you included lighting. If not can you explain what you are going to be implementing.

Hi Rich,

Yeah, pls explain about your lighting options.

Also I can't comment on your garage but mine gets extremely hot in Summer. Having two cars dont help. Placing a chiller in the garage will work but do expect it will cost you more to run. The unit will definitely work harder to keep up. Placing the chiller in a cooler environment would be a better choice if you have it.

I did this setup back in 2004 and it has been running since

the line from the ro/di is a 1/4" line that drain into the pond

this line was draining into the waste pluming before so I just
direct it towards to pond
and the pond does have a run off

Chiller

the pump is a Gen-x PCX 40 going to the chiller
the flow is good because the pump and the chiller are on the same height

the main pump is a iwaki RLT 55 pump

the lighting is MH (3) 175 watts bulbs and two 48" VHO kit

Rich

Back