My Two Freshwater Planted Nanos

Very nice. I use to have a 90g planted with discus. Full blown with vho lights and co2. The reef tanks of freshwater.

Very nice. I use to have a 90g planted with discus. Full blown with vho lights and co2. The reef tanks of freshwater.
Wow! A sight to behold, I am sure! That is one kind of tank I have never set up over the years. Wanted to, but was afraid to try. I have done cichlids, goldfish, tropicals of all kinds, turtles(stink pots - very slow swimmers) and fish mixed tanks that worked very well and raised N class endlers for fish stores and rasied neocaradinas and crystals for pet shops and friends. I needed to try to simplify my life a bit recently. So I just have a few different planted nanos and reef nanos. It is really a great hobby. So relaxing when things go right! :) Blessings and Happy Reefing!

Wow! A sight to behold, I am sure! That is one kind of tank I have never set up over the years. Wanted to, but was afraid to try. I have done cichlids, goldfish, tropicals of all kinds, turtles(stink pots - very slow swimmers) and fish mixed tanks that worked very well and raised N class endlers for fish stores and rasied neocaradinas and crystals for pet shops and friends. I needed to try to simplify my life a bit recently. So I just have a few different planted nanos and reef nanos. It is really a great hobby. So relaxing when things go right! :) Blessings and Happy Reefing!

Large planted tanks can be just as involved as reefs. C02 injection, supplements, fertilizers, and if everything is happy, endless pruning. i ran the discus tank for a few years and then took it down because the maintenance was crazy. Discus are like SPS, they like really clean water. Had a 1.4 group of Bettas that spawned like crazy. The male had a bubble nest that took up like 1/8 the surface area of the 90 gallon. constant supply of live food.

Back