My Valentine's day present.

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
This is my third try at the Radiant wrasse. My first one was nearly DOA. I got it from a local fish store, and was so excited about it I didn't even check to see if it was healthy! :p It didn't even last through the night...

My second one was from a group buy off liveaquaria. It lived happily for ~ 2months before it came down with an internal infection. I tore my tank apart trying to catch it so I could treat it. I never caught it, and it too died :(.

So, even though they are one of my favorite wrasses due to their functionality in eating pests and their amazing beauty... I decided not to get another one as I hate being responsible for the death of such a beautiful animal.

My wife surprised me though by purchasing one off the diver's den at liveaquaria. It's incredibly healthy, gets along with all the other fish, and was eating mysid and flakes a mere minutes after hitting the water. :)

abc4.jpg
alt="" />

abc3.jpg
alt="" />
abc6.jpg
alt="" />

Two more pics. The water has a lot of particles in it due to a bowl filled with soft white sand. These fish don't seem to understand what black sand is... so it sleeps in a bowl with white sand. Every day I add a lil bit of black sand to the bowl and mix it up... eventually it'll be all black sand :).

beautiful Jin! I've tried 3 and they all died; although it seemed to be cyanide to me.

I'm going to try 3 more. keep us informed on how he does.

i have been thinking of getting one for my 90... do you have any feather dusters.. if so do they get pick on by them.

They won't pick on feather dusters. I've 3 different kinds of ornamental ones and plenty of hitchhiker featherdusters. These things do eat flatworms and nudis though.

Skriz - cyanide may have been the problem with my first one as well. Some people have luck with these, I just haven't been one of them.

I dont get it...It must be me...reefkeepers, wrasses...It was my birthday and valentines day yesterday and I get a disney card, a doctors visit, my daughter moves out and my son gets in an accident...Im am soooo doing something wrong lol

Beautiful Fish Jin....Didnt mean to rant :)

Niiice, so what thats like your 90th wrasse in your tank? lol. I kid cuz I'm jealous :/

Barbara;138359 wrote: Jin, I just love your wife! She is so cool. She puts up with your friends stopping by all the time and still was thoughtful enough to give you a fish related item for V-Day. How very sweet!

Plus, she makes chocolate-covered strawberries at the last minute for tank tours... and allows Jin to have like 22 dogs.

(I need a wife like that!!!)

Very pretty! I love the Black-fin Flame Wrasse you have posted on your blog! Gorgeous!!! I'd love one of those in my tank! Gonna have to get the 6 line.

A 6 line is a must for any tank! I need to replace mine....poor guy didnt make it in the move :(

Nice fish Jin. Hey I have a Valentine present for you also. When are you going to come get it before I start liking it too much? :)

LOL. Thanks Darren... um I have a platonic Valentine's gift for you as well... :) Pm sent.

Darren24;138511 wrote: Nice fish Jin. Hey I have a Valentine present for you also. When are you going to come get it before I start liking it too much? :)

Don't do it, Jin!!! It's a trap. The gift probably has four legs and wears fur.

beautifuo fish jin it is also one of my favorites but i havent gotten one for obvious reasons i guess your wife is the one that bought the one i was looking at for a couple days good find and good wife congrats and hope it makes it threw for a long happy life

Thanks all. She is truly an amazing woman with an incomprehensible amount of patience. I know I'm **** lucky to have her. :)

Good news on the wrasse. Tonight I saw it dive into the black sandbed to sleep... Now I can finally remove the bowl of white sand from my tank.

Back