Mystery Wrasse

dewey1982

Supporting
Reaction score
I am considering getting a mystery wrasse as the only fish in my solana reef. Let me know everything ya'll know about this fish. I have read a ton about these fish, and everyone seems to say anything over 30 gallons is fine. Am I being an idiot?

Thanks.

You couldn't get mine to jump out. And if he tried, he's probably too fat to even make it out of the water!

Being that it's an aggressive fish, the more room he has, the better. But, if he's going to be in solitary confinement, then aggression is not so much an issue.

I wouldn't want one in anything less than a 55g, maybe even a 75g. Jmo though.

I have heard of 2 locals who had to return these fish after they matured because they got a tatse for turbo and astria snails....Just a consideration
Scott

That is a very pretty wrasse. If you would consider switching to a different wrasse I like a melanurus wrasse. They are hardy, eat well (including flatworms), don't jump, and are always out and about. This wrasse has never eaten one of my snails or crabs like some other wrasse do. Here is a link to one with pic.

a>

Melenarus is a great wrasse, especially when it's a super male! Check out Jin's pics, he has a great specimen.

got one.....big and fat......his name is Sneeky.

They are the best fish on the reef :)

Back