Nano cube light problem

sgt.ruedas

Supporting
Reaction score
So I had my nano cube up and running and started to smell smoke unplugged it took it apart and noticed that a chip was burning it connects to the fan motor and another part that I'm not sure of the name anyone know the name of this chip or where I could get a replacement
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Farther away picture
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

it's a rectifier, it converts the 12v ac power to 12v dc for the fan.
if you can handle it, you can get every thing you need to build or repair one at radio shack.

Your awesome man thank you I guess I'll be heading to radio shack for the parts then

a little circuit board, what ever size capacitor that is and the rectifying diode is all you need, that is if you have all the other stuff like soldering iron etc.

I've got all required parts and tools but we are so far apart, it's not really wirh the gas & time...

I'm actually going up toward kennessaw this weekend send me a message if you can make the part for me I would gladly pay you let me know 6784648349 Carlos thanks

So I've been trying to fix this burnt chip with no luck anyone out there have experience building a small circuit board if so I will gladly pay someone to make it for me I can mail you the broken piece and pay by PayPal or if we are close meet up somewhere I would like to get this fixed so I can put my light back on my cube

Sgt,Ruedas;1079469 wrote: So I've been trying to fix this burnt chip with no luck anyone out there have experience building a small circuit board if so I will gladly pay someone to make it for me I can mail you the broken piece and pay by PayPal or if we are close meet up somewhere I would like to get this fixed so I can put my light back on my cube

so, what exactly do you need help with? soldering of the rectifier to the pcb board?

also, you need to check to see if the traces are burnt since i can't see it from the picture or if the vias are damaged. if so, you need a new circuit board or jumper wires or some DIY ingenuity.

if all you need is soldering, we have an engineering lab at work and i can solder the rectifier and capacitor in 2 min. but if it's anything more than that....we will just have to see.

Back