Nano Recommendations

kmn2christ

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon reef at home. I am considering setting up a nano cube or bio cube at work. What are the best cubes on the market? What should I look out for being more used to a large tank with a sump?

I have been told that nothing under a 29 gallon is a good idea. What do you think?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

I've heard good things about the Nuvo lagoons

I've got the IM fusion 30 AIO. So far, I like it. Don't know why anything under 29 is a bad idea. That's a pretty specific number

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably because of parameter stability

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I get it. 29 is just a random number. Honestly, if you have an ATO and weekly water changes, a small tank can be really stable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True. Come to think of it 29 gallon Corallife Bio was what the guy that told me that was selling!!
Maybe that is why it was so specific...... But he also said the parameters are much more difficult to manage in the 12-14 gallon size

as long as you can keep up with water changes theres nothing thats all that much harder about a small tank vs a big tank. the only thing to watch out for with a small tank is that they are easy to over do stuff with. like over feeding or over dosing. i would avoid dosing all together in a small tank and just stick with the water changes. as far as feeding my motto is "if you think its enough its probably too much". ive kept a 5.5 gallon pico for about 2 years and aside from the fathead dendro eating all my small fish i havent had any problems out of it.

Back