Nano tank move

swalke2

Market
Reaction score
Looking for some opinion or suggestions. I have a 13.5 AIO in my office. There is a good chance I will be changing jobs in a month or so. I need to move the tank to my house which is about 2 miles away. I would really rather not take the rock and corals out.

My question is this, could I drain the majority of the water and and leave the rock and coral in place. Make the move, then get it all back underwater? I’m guessing it would be at most 30 minutes that everything would be out of the water.

I’ve moved big tanks in the past (60g) and it was more of a chore than I would want to do again, even though it’s so small.

I know the answer , but curious if there is a simpler way that will not stress everything, including me.
image.jpg

With a small tank like that it’s even easier to move the regular way. Empty water into 2 five gallon buckets, then put rock and corals in.

Leaving rock and corals in the tank with some water is way worst. You’ll dirty the water while moving and more risk of cracking the tank with rock in there.

Tank move went as expected, torn down and back up in less than an hour. It’s been an hour and the faint cloudiness has settled down and corals are coming out. Still angry, but no death (yet)

Back