Need a better fleece roller

chemaholic

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I recently installed an Aquamaxx AF1 fleece roller in my frag system. It was working great and I was loving it up until yesterday. I saw that the filter was overflowing. Upon checking everything out it looks like the fleece got hung up on something and wrecked one of the gears inside roll that winds up the used fleece. I will continue to use up the fleece I have purchased, but I am now in the market for something that will not break on me after only a few weeks operating.

I have heard the Red Sea rollers are good. Does anyone have any others to suggest?

I’m not sure about other brand but I do have Red Sea roller mat 500 installed on my nano.

Roller mat was one of very first item I purchased when I got back in the hobby. Filter socks were probably the first thing I neglected when I got burned out by this hobby so I was super excited to hear about a such thing but I knew I had to have it.

I can’t complain about the Red Sea brand. Other than the fact, it works too well. I can’t keep my nitrates up. I had to run the skimmer on part time and feed heavy. And still dose liquid nitrate from time to time to keep it above 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure about other brand but I do have Red Sea roller mat 500 installed on my nano.

Roller mat was one of very first item I purchased when I got back in the hobby. Filter socks were probably the first thing I neglected when I got burned out by this hobby so I was super excited to hear about a such thing but I knew I had to have it.

I can’t complain about the Red Sea brand. Other than the fact, it works too well. I can’t keep my nitrates up. I had to run the skimmer on part time and feed heavy. And still dose liquid nitrate from time to time to keep it above 2.0

Thank you for your feedback! I am seeing something similar with the nitrates in my frag system. My skimmer is oversized so that is some of it. I wish the skimmer would rip phosphates out as well as nitrates though.

I expect your nitrate to drop even more if you are using roller mat so keep an eye on em. Red Sea roller mat will inform you if your mat is not functioning properly via email. You have to reset in the app when fixed. It also shows how much you are using daily etc and reminder to replace as well.

I have two red sea units, one in use for about a year now. They are super easy to use and change the rolls on.

My only complaint is they need internet access to work, which is utterly stupid.

I have two red sea units, one in use for about a year now. They are super easy to use and change the rolls on.

My only complaint is they need internet access to work, which is utterly stupid.

It has to have an internet connection to function? That seems kind of well...silly.

Pardon, it needs internet to set it up. As in you cant get it going without making an account and connecting so it can warn you the roll needs changing.

It will work if the wifi is disconnected after setup.

Pardon, it needs internet to set it up. As in you cant get it going without making an account and connecting so it can warn you the roll needs changing.

It will work if the wifi is disconnected after setup.
Okay cool that makes more sense :p

Back