Need advice on adding fish back in tank

containerman1

Market
Reaction score
I wanted to get some advice to make sure it was OK to add fish back in.
I switched a 60gallon tank ( was running couple years) that had a 20 gallon sump, skimmer, gfo,carbon reactors
I acclimated all the fish,shrimp,crabs that were in this tank and I added them in 2 different 20 gallon tanks that have been running for about the same time ( just for a little time until the 75 is ready so I can add them back ) . I cut the pumps off and let the water settle and I took about 35 gallons of the water out of the tank and ran through a filter sock to filter a little more. I also left the sump full (20 gal) and it has several large bags of matrix that's been in the sump for a good while probly a year . I drained the rest and took all of the rock and sand out and I added 80 lbs new sand and a couple cups of old tank sand. I had about 70 lbs of rock that I had been letting seed in my garage in a gal brute for 6 mths with a power head and few pieces of live rock and couple bags of pods . I switched to the 75 hooked up sump and return pump and added the 35 gallons of old water and topped off with new salt ( salinity) I added buffer and checked with ph probe and I am steady at 8.1 and alk 10 with Red Sea my salinity is 1.025 ( which most is what most of tanks stay at)
Ammonia and phosphates good also.
I switched tanks on Sat. And I added couple caps of Sea chem Stability and tank looks good and seems to be stable.
Is it to early to add the fish back? Even though in a 20 I only have 3 fish each they are looking good just a little moody :)
Advice is much appreciated
Thank you

Back