Need advice on flow in my 90 gallon

i found nemo

Market
Reaction score
I have two Koralia 2's, one Maxi jet 1200, and 2 Seio M1100 Super Flow pumps. What is the best combination and placement of these pumps for my 90 gallon with corner overflow? I know I definitely do not need all of them but would just like opinions on what is going to give me the best flow.

I wouldn't go with the Maxi jet. Seio is a good one! Koralias are good, but i've never had that model that you have; I've only dealt with Koralia Evolutions!

K2=600gph, x2 - 1200gph
Seio=1100gph, x2 - 2200gph
total flow is 2400gph, or 26x turnover.

That's plenty IMO, but as for placement you will have to experiment. You want no dead spots, but you can't hammer some corals with direct flow.

If it were me, I'd start with the Seios on the ends, and the K2s on the back panel angled toward the opposite front corner to start with.

Crewdawg1981;620060 wrote: Don't forget about the closed loop pump to at least power the spraybar.

I do have that hooked up so I am wondering if I already have enough flow with the two koralias? I am trying not to use the seios if I don't have to because they are so bulky lol

The problem is... the Koralia's only put out ~600 GPH (are they old version or the newer Evos?) whereas the Seios put out 1100 GPH.

I wouldnt recommend running the closed loop all day or you'll be putting a good deal of heat into the system. I used to run it 5 times a day for an hour just to keep stuff from settling along the back.

Flow-wise, I'd run all four (especially if you keep any SPS). If you just can't stand the look of four powerheads, but still want to keep costs low, I'd pick up two of the new Koralia Evo 1400s. I ran two in my 90 with good results.

Back