need air tight container

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
i need a container that is clear and that wont leak i want to make a cheap diy kalk reactor i dont want to come out with the 300 for a new one right now cause my wife says i spend to much as it is on my fish tank ....and she has a point she dont care for the fish cause those are not that expensive but another 300 dollar peace of equipment is a big no no...i was thinking maybe a 5 gal water jug but if you have a better idea please post it here ...thanks
victor

I made one out of an old clear filter housing and put it in line with my ro line to My top off float valve in My sump.Worked great.I since bought a poseidon auto top off system.

Victor, I have several 5 gallon glass carboys as well as some 6.5 gallon carboys (aka water bottles). PM me for price if interested.

You can get stoppers from any home brew supply shop.

You have to modify it with a capped tube that goes into the bottom of the housing and drill tiny holes in the bottom so when Your float valve opens it "sprays" the ro water into the bottom and mixes the kalk with the water.My float valve stayed open just long enough to give a quick mix and settle before the next time it opened.I had it on a 20g sump.Not sure if I would use it on anything larger I would be afraid the float valve would stay open too long and dump too much kalk and overdose.I used it for about 4-5 months and it worked well.It could be a little risky in case the float valve stuck but I guess that could happen with any kalk/float valve.

this is what i want to do here is a quick diagram think it will work oh and what is the smallest bulk head availible cause that is the only way i see it not leaking
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
132880=8138-quick diagram.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
132880=8138-quick diagram.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="quick diagram.bmp_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

That is the exact design I made.Its fairly cheap and easy to do.Especially if You already have an old filter housing laying around.You can buy a new one from Lowes or HD for around $40.

yeah guys i have thought of this but i want to have the kalk stired at all times if you seen slayers the one he made that is the same concept all the kalk stays mixed towards the bottom and the ro water is what gose in the tank ....only thing that ill have to really wory about is maintance on the reseculating pump

Back