Need coral identification

whitmanb

Supporting
Reaction score
Members,

I bought a 5 LE SPS pack along with 2 other corals from Dr Foster Smith and would had thought they would tell me what I received. However, nothing but the corals. There are 2 corals where I asked them to identify in separate emails and was told the same name for both, even though both are totally different. I do believe the one on the right is a strawberry shortcake, if not mistaken, as they identified it twice as the same. However I am not positive on the one on the left? Any thoughts? or why they both would be the same even though polyps and colors are totally different? Along with the pack I did buy an Aussie Strawberry shortcake Acro. Thus why I know one is this.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1114754=70418-DFS Corals.jpg
>
1114754=70418-DFS Corals.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DFS Corals.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I believe the one on the left is Strawberry shortcake. I have several frags and they lost their green base color after I fragged the colony. It looks just like the one on the right.

I would accept that the green is missing for the right one, but the polyps also on the left are red and the right are white.

whitmanb;1114762 wrote: I would accept that the green is missing for the right one, but the polyps also on the left are red and the right are white.

has it been white since day one? It could've got cut & put up in higher lighting, hence some bleaching. If it's not SSC IDK what else it could be.

They could be different variants of strawberry shortcake. Like one could be WWC SS and the other could be an Aussie SS. Not saying that's what they are but it's a possability

Back