need diy mods for solana tank

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
there are a couple of mods that i need help with for my solana .....
how to make a good top for it since i have a jumper
how to make a fuge for it
and how to mesh mod the skimmer
thanks
victor

Victor, didn't it come with a top? I saw one on the curved solona at MACNA.

yes it did but its is glass and keeps heat in the tank with the 250watt i have on it my water will boil im using egg creat but it blocks out to much light

best mod i did was tossing those stock ato bottles.what a joke.

dawgdude;216544 wrote: What?!?! Haha you mean your tank was evaping more than about 10 ounces of water a day?!?! those things are a joke!
LOL That was the first sudgestion I made to Showtime when he won the one at MACNA

For a fuge i would just put everything in the middle chamber in the back and attach a small light to the glass or drop in an subermsible light, for the top go to home depot and buy a screen door kit it comes with framing needed and buy a pack of extra connector ends, go to the garden department and buy some bird netting, total will be around $25 i think also get the tool to push the filler rubber in the door framing

showthread.php

When I had my stock skimmer, I used a tiny drill bit to drill a whole in every other impeller spoke. Then I used the smallest zip ties I could find at HD to attach 2 layers of enkamat to the impeller and trimmed in a circle to the same size of the impeller....took maybe 15 minutes to do. I gave mine to Barbara, maybe she'll give it to you if she's not using it. The mesh top is a little more time consuming, but pretty easy as well.

Back