Need help building refugium out of Aquaclear 70 filter

groovebox303

Reaction score
Hi,
I have seen many posts with ppl making refugiums out of an Aqua clear filter. I have an aquaclear 70 thats not being used right now, would like to make this into a refugium with someone's help who has done this before. I would rather not risk ruining the filter if I cant make it since that would be an expensive mistake, if someone has done this before and would like to help I can offer a reasonable fee for your help and time. Please let me know, thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention, this would obviously be to grow chaeto or something similar to keep nitrates down and also grow pods for a possible wrasse/mandarin addition. I can buy any recommended light and other material we would need.

Its actually pretty easy. Take out the filter trays. Cut up some egg crate. Place the egg crate on both side of where the trays were. Throw in some chaeto. Put a light on it in reverse lighting and there you go.

There are many excellent videos on YT that will show you in detail. Like this one here.

<div class="gc_ifarem_title">New refugium LED Light for Nano Reef - YouTube</div>

Back