Need help fast!!!!

jeep9783

Market
Reaction score
Ok it apears that my fish are gasping for air, checked all paramaters and everything is good no fluction in temp doing nothing diff, just lost radiant wrasse, scotter blennie, and i think the mandrian is about to kick the buckett, my monti looks like it is sheding and has lost the neon green color other than that every thing is normal, i don't have the first idea as to where to look to find the problem.

Chris

Sounds like your Montipora is/has rtn'ed. How old is the tank? HAve you tested for ammonia? An elevated level would cause the fish to gasp and lead to death.

We need a list of phone numbers for 911 calls (volunteers?). I've been in this situation. It was sheer panic for us.

So very sorry for your loss.

:( :( :( :(

What's the update? Can you add any Prime or ammonia detox to your tank?

Nitrite would also cause this problem. Have you added anything weird to the tank lately?

I would add Prime and carbon.

Check the flow as well. Huge bacterial blooms can do this as well... is your water cloudy?

If it is ammonia or nitrite you can also add Stability to kick start the biology.

a>

I would do a 50% water change now and again tonight, toss in a lot of carbon, remove everything that looks like a lost cause it will make the water quality even worse. Sounds like a chemical got into your system or a spike in Nitrates/ammonia. did you windex the glass or do any cleaning around the tank?

If you need some stability I have a bottle of it you can have. Came as part of a package I bought.

Well here is the update Mandrian KIA, Scotter Blennie (look at pic), and radius wrasse kia, gave the monti to a friend to try and save it he came over and checked every thing and everything is testing at 0 guess it was a fluke the only think that i added was the wrasse and then it was just a chain of dead fish after that. Pic speaks for itself R.I.P Scotter Blennie
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
57958=3943-DSCF1498.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57958=3943-DSCF1498.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF1498.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
57958=3944-DSCF1499.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57958=3944-DSCF1499.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF1499.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
57958=3945-DSCF1501.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57958=3945-DSCF1501.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF1501.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
57958=3946-DSCF1502.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
57958=3946-DSCF1502.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSCF1502.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Holy crap. A plate coral can eat an entire scooter blenny? Talk about Little Fishtank of Horrors. Feed me Seymore!

Yea and it is only like 4-5in across....i don't think i will have to feed him for awhile.

Chris

on the bright side, the fact that the coral is eating is a good sign of the health of the tank.

heh... wow. Nice pic! Sorry for your loss but thats really cool.... in a really disturbing way.

Back