Need help from a Reefer in the 400 corridor

russ

Market
Reaction score
I am getting ready to start my tank and I need some help. All my rock is dead base rock and I need someone (preferably in the 400 corridor Cumming, Alpharetta) to put some of my base rock in their sump to help seed it.

If you would also like to put a piece of rock in your tank to seed some coarlline I would not complain.

Russ

I probably have 100lbs, but just need to seed a few pieces.

Do you think 3 or 4 softball size pieces will work?

How many pieces can you fit Porpoise?

I've got a couple of pieces with nothing attached that I can swap out for you and still take a couple of pieces depending on their size.

I wish I would have thought about this weeks ago... haha... for future reference, I'm Sandy springs/Dunwoody

LSU_fishFan;970009 wrote: I could prob fit 10-15 lbs. in my sump.

That would be great!!!

Where are you located? How can I get if to you?

porpoiseaquatics;969984 wrote: I've got a couple of pieces with nothing attached that I can swap out for you and still take a couple of pieces depending on their size.

Switching out would be a good thing to do when I start the tank up. I'm probably 3-4 weeks out. I need to get some base rock starting to seed, then start the tank. I think LSU will help with that.

Once I get the tank started, I would love to to get a rock wilth a little coralline on it to get that growing. I can pick a rock and take it to you or you or you could come to my place and pick one. I have a lot (2 large tubs) of nice rock and I'll be more than happy to swap for something with a little coralline on it.

My Aquascape is done so all the rock I get to seed Bactria and coralline will be in the tank temporarily. I used to have a bunch of rock in my sump, but I do t think I'm going to do that again. It's to hard to keep the sump clean.

russ;970029 wrote: That would be great!!!

Where are you located? How can I get if to you?

I'm down near Windermere, it would probably be better for me to come pic a few pieces of rock so I know they will fit. Let me know

LSU_fishFan;970043 wrote: I'm down near Windermere, it would probably be better for me to come pic a few pieces of rock so I know they will fit. Let me know

Let me know when you are available. I'll give you a tour of my system and a beer if your are interested.

What kind of substrate are you using? If you're thinking seeding rock for cycle purposes, if I were you, I would also want to seed the substrate. Take some sand from another tank....doesn't take much...a cup or two .....and mix with your sand.

I was thinking about that or purchasing a small bag of live sand.

russ;970118 wrote: I was thinking about that or purchasing a small bag of live sand.

If you've not purchases sand yet....I would suggest using the Carib-Sea sand with bacteria already packed in. It's about the same price as sand....you can buy it in large bags at just about any store including Petco and I believe PetsMart carries it although I've seen it a bit cheaper at some LFSs. Fastest, easiest way I know to create a cycle. I've used it on every tank I've put together for the last 7 years.

I have one bag of sand, but I need a lit more. I'll look into that.

Back