Need help something's stuck in my drain line!

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
I've got PVC return drain lines and it's making a clanking noise. It's not the pump for sure and I'm almost positive it's in the drain lines that has a 90 bend.

I've tried a long bottle brush going up from the output, turned pump off & on repeatly. Put in stronger pump and tried to blow it out but it only got worse.
Problem is I've only got three days untill I'm having major surgery and won't be home to hear or turn off the pump if it decides to completely clog the line. I don't have energy or time to tear apart that entire side and rebuild.

Any suggestions on what I could possibly do to clear this line?
Thanks
I'll post a pic in a minute!

It's really hard to tell but sounds like it's coming from the left side. It sounds pretty much like a helicopter! Any suggestions really appreciated!!

DD88B52D-5E04-4A63-B9F4-806BAA02256D_zpsxdrfxdyq.jpg
alt="" />

Deb,

Simply disconnect the union(it's threaded) and your right there at the 90 degree elbow. Just make sure you turn off your return first lol and let everything drain to the sump.

Cut it out and re run the line if you cant reach it , but id take it all apart first and run a coat hangar down it with a hook on the end like you might use to fish your keys out of your locked car.
Probably a snail , if you're end up re running it try using 2 45° instead of one 90

Use a wet/dry vac to clear the pipe. You may need to put your hand over one of the pipes by the filter sock to get full force... Then repeat with the other pipe.

Tbub1221;1030183 wrote: Cut it out and re run the line if you cant reach it , but id take it all apart first and run a coat hangar down it with a hook on the end like you might use to fish your keys out of your locked car.
Probably a snail , if you're end up re running it try using 2 45° instead of one 90
I've done that twice and ran a bottle brush up and down it but no change!

Camellia;1030185 wrote: I've done that twice and ran a bottle brush up and down it but no change!
Can you not reach it or can you not get it loose ?
I wish I was closer id offer to look at it , can you slow down the return pump to a crawl so it will drain until it can be sorted properly?

Tbub1221;1030183 wrote: Cut it out and re run the line if you cant reach it , but id take it all apart first and run a coat hangar down it with a hook on the end like you might use to fish your keys out of your locked car.

Good idea, on the coat hanger!
Can you believe I don't have one of those normal old-fashioned coathanger's in my entire house! The dry cleaners closed I guess I could ask a neighbor! I've got everything you can imagine like augurs for toilets and you know the two dollar Home Depot drain cleaner type thing but I can't get anything out of it.

it probably is a snail. I run a small nano Korrilla in the overflow all the time, my Durso does such a terrible job. It does leave a little open area for a snail to get through if it's insistent!

elFloyd;1030184 wrote: Use a wet/dry vac to clear the pipe. You may need to put your hand over one of the pipes by the filter sock to get full force... Then repeat with the other pipe.

I can't reach the bottom of the overflow!

Marlion can, he's got long arms!

Tbub1221;1030188 wrote: Can you not reach it or can you not get it loose ?
I wish I was closer id offer to look at it , can you slow down the return pump to a crawl so it will drain until it can be sorted properly?

I can't reach the first 90.

Tbub1221;1030188 wrote: Can you not reach it or can you not get it loose ?

I can slow down the quiteone 9000 but I'm going to be using an auto feeder and just know I'll end up with tons of left over food.
When I do get back on my feet if this it's got red slime an alage inside that is my sign from the good Lord above to sell this tank and get a Harley!!

Camellia;1030191 wrote: I reach the first 90.
Ok just want to be clear , first from the top or from the bottom 90 ?
My dry cleaners keeps me in stock of wire hangars

When I did this build some smart reefer suggested (when I asked) if you could eliminate some of those 90s is the only suggestion I would make!

Did I do it no! I don't remember who that was but I bet they're smiling now or not!

Camellia;1030193 wrote: I can slow down the quiteone 9000 but I'm going to be using an auto feeder and just know I'll end up with tons of left over food.
When I do get back on my feet if this it's got red slime an alage inside that is my sign from the good Lord above to sell this tank and get a Harley!!
I can help there to my mother is selling her 2005 anniversary edition sportster 1200 screaming eagle orange and its got a Corbin seat custom made for my mother who is 5'2" tall .

Tbub1221;1030194 wrote: Ok just want to be clear , first from the top or from the bottom 90 ?
My dry cleaners keeps me in stock of wire hangars

I can't reach the top ones.

I'm "Blue Collar" I don't use a dry cleaner :)

Well will know the answer this in about two months (that's how long it's going to be before I can walk and drive) BUT then, I need to have the other foot done and that'll be another seven weeks for that foot so actually four months.

I believe someone told me today that I was just a big party, facetiously of course!

Where does your mother live? Does she have pictures?

Crap Terry you're getting me distracted I need to stick to the problem ha ha

Okay so if I redo this tomorrow how would you guys suggest that come down from the drain side overflow to the two filter socks?

Now I see , Im not sure just what to do deb , those 90's are close its clean looking drain lines but this is what seems to happen.
If you do get it cleared we should look to make you an acrylic lid for the overflow box so no big pets can venture there again

Camellia;1030202 wrote: Okay so if I redo this tomorrow how would you guys suggest that come down from the drain side overflow to the two filter socks?
It may not look as uniform but IMO the simplest way to keep it direct and simple would be 2x 45° , extend your down pipe straight down and run the pipe at a slight angle to your t for the filter sock , another thing that is common but again some people see it as not as clean is using the semi flexible pvc it can be laid at an angle to eliminate all 90's

Back