Need help with my RO/DI

twocute2b4u

Market
Reaction score
I bought an RO/DI unit on eBay a while back, I had it installed by ledfish about 2 months ago. My TDS readings were high so I replaced the cartridges this morning. However, now when I turn the unit on, one of the canisters leaks. I've tried tightening it as much as possible however the leak will not stop. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would teflon tape work or am I doing something wrong?

Any help or advice would be appreciated :thumbs:

If your tds is high now after 2 months you may need more prefiltering at the front. I bet some one else can help with the correct filter though choice. Not sure if it's micron or carbon or what.

Yippie, I fixed it. I didn't realize that the rubber gasket had fall out of the canister. Thank you for feedback Son_Of_Adam

If your filters are only lasting 2 months, something is wrong.

My ebay RODI will produce 0 tds water for at least one year. At that point, I change the prefilters and di resin-just because. I use more rodi water than most too.

Raj - there was a bit more to it then just replacing the filters. I'd rather not say what it was.

Mine leak also but not for the same reasons. I took two cannisters apart and both seals are okay but they leak around them just enough to be annoying. Teflon taps does not work as the threads are too far apart. Any ideas? I would get new gaskets but not sure how to match them up or where to go. Thoughts?

Think Cameron's warranty has run out...

Joe

I would take the canister or the O'ring to Lowe's or Home Deport, they should be able to find one. If not check the RODI parts on eBay.

Back