Need help with my Toadstool Coral please

markwood

Reaction score
I don't know if its a fungus eating it or one of the crabs but it is not happy. It came on pretty quick. Parameters are all good and
everything else is doing great. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190330_112535.jpg
    20190330_112535.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Have some carbon ready in case it releases toxins. Don't have much help other than that though still learning myself.

There doesn't appear to be any thing that could sting it close by. I've had a similar toadstool in my tank for years and years and the only time I've ever seen anything like that was when my clown would pick stuff up and set it down in the toadstool itself or kick up a bunch of sand that got "stuck" because it was in a little sheltered area and the flow wouldn't blow it off. It could be a hermit crab or something like that I supposed but I've never heard of that being an issue.

I'd bet it'll stay closed up for a while and bounce back. I have had mine do that once in a while. I remember thinking mine was dying but it came back around after a day or two. If it doesn't, let me know, I have one the size of a dinner plate that needs to be trimmed and I can hook you up.

I have had several that do that. It could be getting ready to shed or something pissed it off.
Sometimes mine will be like that for weeks. I would not worry. Leathers are ridiculously hardy .

Back