Need help

bruce 1

Market
Reaction score
This may not be where I need to post this. If not move it to where it needs to be. My dishwasher caught on fire and our whole house is having to be cleaned with chemicals by Servpro to get the smoke smell out. GE has assumed fault and Servpro will not start work till the aquarium is moved. GE is wanting me to get a bid on having the tank moved immediately . The job would consist of moving a 227 gallon aquarium and all the fish and corral and setting it back up after they finish cleaning. If anyone is interested send me a pm.

First, so sorry for the fire.

Second, I'd start calling our sponsor's ASAP as I know several of them, and maybe all, do aquarium maintenance on the side. And given that this will be covered by insurance, they should know they'll get paid. If insurance/GE is going to cover it than I'd get it done professionally.

I know there are several sponsors on the 75 corridor. Maybe start with them?

I'd give Jorge a call at Pure Reef, I am pretty sure that they have the amount of staff that is needed to move that large of a system. If not, they will know someone who will. SEA Atlanta would be another good option. I am not saying that the other sponsors out there cannot do it or wouldn't do a good job, but these are two that I would trust to do it, and do it right.

Optimum Aquarium is going to work up a price for the Insurance company.
The major problem is re-homing the fish and corals. What we came up with is buying a cheep aquarium (210 gal) set it up bare bottom and move everything to my garage and re set it up. And then them coming back in about 2 weeks and move everything back to my tank. I just hope everything lives. Blond Naso 7 inches, Blue Regal 7 inches , Powder Blue 7 inches, Fox Face 6 inches, Several other smaller fish, Black and White Ocellaris clowns that lay every month.

Sorry man. I don't think I've ever said a prayer for a fish but I certainly will in this case. May want to consider some styrofoam to insulate the tank in the garage unless yours is climate controlled.

Back