Need help

sidvicious

Market
Reaction score
So I've got a bit of a problem. Situation with like a green cloud type algae, no joke I scrub with my mag float and not 30 mins later the glass is covered in a green cloud like algae. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

It's 100% due to too many po4 and to lesser extent nitrate. Research ways to reduce nutrients...there are many

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Excellent, thank you for the input. I shall go look into how to take on such tasks. Thank you!

Do you have a uv sterilizer? Had this happen to me once uv sterilizer cleared in up in under 24hrs. But like torqued said. You need to keep you phosphates under control.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Sidvicious;1088259 wrote: Oh I've got my mag float, been working it non stop really lol

I mean a filter - an algae/turf scrubber.

I use poly pad, also have matrix in the tank, Chemi Pure Elite, and 80 pounds of live rock with 40 pounds of live sand. Running a protein skimmer as well, with two return pumps. This is a Red Sea Max 250. Not running a UV as I have no idea how I'd be able to plumb one in with the filtration unit being located in the back of the tank. I'm going to see how this product works as I've heard it works wonders. Thank you!

I had a green bloom in my RSM 250 last year, tried water changes every day, cleaning , etc, could not fix it.
Bought the UV linked below, gone in less than 24 hours, never came back.

ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I kind of don't want anything protruding in the tank, you think it would work in the back chambers?

have you tested your PO4 levels and NO3?

BTW NoPox won't solve the ISSUE but it WILL lower no3 and po4

SnowManSnow;1088520 wrote: have you tested your PO4 levels and NO3?

BTW NoPox won't solve the ISSUE but it WILL lower no3 and po4

+1 Make sure to test for these before jumping head first into using products to correct those issues.

Thank you for the input, I tested for both elements and both were high. Nitrates were above 40 and phosphate was right at .20. Started dosing on Saturday and already noticing a drop in numbers but not in the cloudiness of the water. Going to put a new bag of Chemi Pure Elite in and also run some Reef Spec Carbon as well. Any ideas on how long it will take my tank to clear up?

I second the turf scrubber. If you have a sump and room....do it.

It will take a while to drop the nutrients. The cloudiness can usually be helped with carbon and mechanical filtration such as filter sock

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've got TWO Aquia UV 40's for sale.
Bought the 2nd one thinking mine was a 50, ugh!
LNK, it would clean it up quick!

I don't have a sump, it's a RSM 250 so all the filtration and that is concentrated in the back of the tank. Also running a JBJ Artica Chiller as well. Would what you have for sale work in my tank? Thank you

Back