Need ID for a couple frags

ptcpilot

Market
Reaction score
The individual that I received these frags from did not know what they were. Please help with ID...thanks

(First two are under actinics and the last two are under MH. Are the second and last pics a type of chalice?)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
371768=18259-025a.jpg
>
371768=18259-025a.jpg
class="gc-images" title="025a.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
fieldset>

deff a chalice in the 2nd and 4th pic. it looks like the tyree blue one. i think i got mine from jeff mc....

Acan and an echinophyllia (called a chalice sometimes), but not the Tyree Blue. The Tyree Blue doesn't have green eyes, at least mine doesn't. Mine is from Jeff originally via Robb.

Acanthastrea and Echinopora.

Sorry - don't know which fancy marketing names these were given... but those are the "real" (ie Latin) names.

:D

Jenn

Second picture looks alot like one of my chalices
BlueGreenChalice2_Daylight_720_540.png
alt="" />

I'll defer to David on the chalice ID... Echinophyllia... if it's like the one pictured above (large) the corallites are different than the Echinopora (which I have a pretty good sized colony of) - initially the pix looked a lot like what I have.. .but after seeing the photo above, AND comparing to the OP's photos, I think David is right.

Jenn

I have a few acans and this looks different...kinda like the ice cream part of a soft serve ice cream cone with no defined mouth. It is spreading out similar to a mushroom or encrusting type monti.

I checked out pics of echinophyllia and yes the other one does look like that...maybe Area 51?

ptcpilot;371795 wrote: I have a few acans and this looks different...kinda like the ice cream part of a soft serve ice cream cone with no defined mouth. It is spreading out similar to a mushroom or encrusting type monti.

I checked out pics of echinophyllia and yes the other one does look like that...maybe Area 51?
If you didn't buy it with a name and proof of lineage, don't call it by an existing name. At most it's only a look-a-like.

I wish I could get a better pic of the other one...all I can say is it is brown/pink and swirly. Do some acans look like this description?

Acroholic;371776 wrote: Acan and an echinophyllia (called a chalice sometimes), but not the Tyree Blue. The Tyree Blue doesn't have green eyes, at least mine doesn't. Mine is from Jeff originally via Robb.

So,

it is blue-ing up for you?
GREAT!

Back