Need ideas for 10g

thedeper

Market
Reaction score
I need some ideas of what I should do with my 10g tank. Just got some rock for it today (thanks Izib) and wanna start filling it out.

Also, if anyone has a light fixture that will fit it PM me or post what you got- I believe it is 20 inches long.

Small tanks look sweet as single speicies tanks. Like just fill the hole thing with mushies, or pulsing xinia. Thadud be the bomb.

Yeah I am pretty positive I will do a softie only tank. A lot of gsp, mushrooms and try to grab up some xenia. Just need to know what livestock would be cool in it-I want A golden dwarf eel but am still skeptical if it will be large enough or not

If I could find a nice enough light I would probably do a lot of rare zoas/palys, but in the end they would just get transported to my solana haha

Not really, I have heard from people on here that have housed them in a 12g nano without a problem. Golden dwarfs do not get past 12 or so inches, I just dont know if I am up to keeping one right now or not. I will probably just make it a zoa garden

You could make it a zoa garden and an H. zostera seahorse tank. Look them up, they're really cool. They only get about 2inches long.

twistoflime;242825 wrote: You could make it a zoa garden and an H. zostera seahorse tank. Look them up, they're really cool. They only get about 2inches long.

idk, its almost certain that seahorses will die in an aquarium.. so its basically buying pleasure for a few months.. but it would be cool.. have to say

Reefer29;242828 wrote: idk, its almost certain that seahorses will die in an aquarium.. so its basically buying pleasure for a few months.. but it would be cool.. have to say
These guys life span is only about a year (even in the wild, they just have short lives in general) but you can keep like 40 of them in a ten gallon. And they readily breed in captivity so you can have somthing like a cycle of seahorses. The babies are easy to take care of, they basicly get the same care except adult you feed live brine shrimp. Until the babies get bigger you feed them somthing smaller. Make sure you get captive breed ones.

Ive never seen them before, thanks...Kinda neat I must say-If I could get me a brine shrimp culture going I may think of this. Pretty cool that they are recommended to be in large groups.

Here is a cool article about them and how to keep them...
a>.

Fish Scales2;242904 wrote: Nice find Dianne!! Sweet.
Once I get the big tank up and running I would like to do a 15g tank with H. zostrea seahorses. I'll probobly special order them through you. Eventually I could provide you with a steady flow of dwarf seahorses for you to sell to your costumers.

put a clown trigger in there--you might even have room for a ray or shark too!

Put Eric in there. If he doesn't work out how bought a purple firefish and a blood shrimp. Or a goby/ pistol shrimp combo.

Back