Need input on ATO

awong

Supporting
Reaction score
I am in market for ATO but having difficult time choosing the one that will not break the bank. I am considering Reefbreeders and XP aqua.

ReefBreeder - Exo Auto Top Off VS XP Aqua- Duetto2 Dual-Sensor Complete Aquarium ATO System

any input/suggest are welcome.

Thanks

I am in market for ATO but having difficult time choosing the one that will not break the bank. I am considering Reefbreeders and XP aqua.

ReefBreeder - Exo Auto Top Off VS XP Aqua- Duetto2 Dual-Sensor Complete Aquarium ATO System

any input/suggest are welcome.

Thanks
I have a reefbreeders EXO-ato for sale if you decide to go that route. It worked great for me on my old 30G tank.

Only ATO I have ever used has been the Tunze Nano. I have never had a problem with it besides replacing the pump after 3 years.

I always stick with Tunze products. First, they flat out work. Second, you can buy the pump only if it goes out. I've had good luck with the pumps and have only had to replace one after 12 yrs of use. Third, the Customer Service at Tunze is great. I had a unit stop working and when I reached out to Tunze, they were able to "wipe and reprogram" the unit in a day or two. I was without an ATO for a total of 4 days and got it back in perfect working order.

There are a lot of different options out there nowadays but I stick with what I know. 20 years ago Tunze & ELOS ATOs were kings because they were the only two that worked pretty much at all. Everything else at the time was a real gamble.

I know Hydros isn’t on your list but I’m using them on all 3 of my tanks and they have been reliable and work perfectly.

thank you all for all your valuable inputs, I really appreciate it . I will have to do more research .

I’ve had my tunze in operation on this tank for 9 years w no issues :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just completed a new build have a pretty good amount of Hydros equipment and I believe for AWC and ATO it seems to be the most practical and safest. The best part is that it not only uses the water level sensors but you can set min and max run times for drain, refill and ATO. Very important when running from a basement sump to main floor DT. I am a big fan of redundancy!

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 5
Back