Need onsite help!!

twocute2b4u

Market
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have a leak in the pump (mag 9) for my 72 gallon. The design of the sump/pump was external to the sump. I cannot possibly do this type of work and need someone to come help. I worked on it all day yesterday and thought it was fixed, however when I woke up this morning the front room was pretty wet.

Is someone willing to pack up their tools and head to l'ville? Please PM me and I will provide further information.

Denise

Mags are known to leak when used externally. Usually it's a problem with the o-ring/seal.

IMO best way is to go submersible with it if possible and cap off the bulkhead where the pump was plumbed externally.

Sorry - I can't come out as I have to work today - but I do carry replacement parts for the Mag Drive - ie if the face plate is cracked or the O-ring shot.

Also - even when you get it sorted, if you are going to keep it external, I'd place a small tray under the pump to catch any leaks if it should happen again.

Jenn

Jenn, you are wonderful. Very smart idea. I worked on this most of the day yesterday, I just can't do it today. I have a torn tendon in my right arm, just turning the screw driver is painful. If you know anyone that would be willing to help I would appreciate it.

This may or may not help due to "geography" - but many folks bring their pumps in and we fix them. Repairing a Mag is something even I can do *g*...

Like I said - might be too much of a drive to be sensible - but just putting options out there.

Cheers,
Jenn

I may be heading that way. Let me get my bowl of Cheerios in first. I will also pack a lunch for the drive.

I have the Vortech in the system, how long can the pump be off?

Should be ok for a bit with flow in the tank.

I open at 1... if you are heading there before that, let me know and I'll be there (I live 2 mins away from the shop)

Jenn

I will probably be leaving here shortly. I've had no other bites from anyone closer to my area. If I do get any other bites before I leave I will let you know.

OK. I'm heading over to the shop in a bit anyway. I forgot I had arranged to have lunch with another store owner I know, who is in town on business. She called me a few minutes ago and is on her way shortly from Norcross.

If my truck is there when you get to the shop, and I'm not ... check the Mexican restaurant at the end of the mall :) I'll likely be having a taco with my out-of-town friend.

Jenn

Jenn, I am on my way up that way. I will talk to you in about 1 hour. I am going to PM you my cell.

let me know when you get back... I'll try and shoot by..

if you are toping off all the water loss you need to keep an eye on salinity...

Jason

Good point, Rockdog!

I'm here at the shop early - have some work to do anyway so it's all set.

Jenn

Denise,
I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this thread........ IO've been on and off the site sporadically since I got home from work around 3.

Is the situation under control? I have my son this weekend, but if the problem is still on going, maybe I could offer my assistance.

LMK

Not Denise here - but we got her sorted this afternoon :)

At least I hope we did - Denise?

Jenn

Glad to hear......... Feel free to chime in and let us know, Denise

Jenn and Co. took care of the entire situation. Turns out that a part may have been defective from the get go. I cannot express how thankful I am to have sponsors such as Jenn and Chris from Einsteins around. Chris actually met me at the house once I came back with all of the fixed goods. Chris put everything together - the tank is working like a charm again. I have fans in the room drying out the carpet, before I headed to Jenn's I pulled out the steam cleaner in an attempt to pull all of the water or most of the water out of the carpet.

I want to give a big thanks to Jenn and her crew as well as Chris. These two individuals are stellar, which I am sure everyone in the group has discovered on several occassions.

thank you Jenn & Chris!!!!

Teamwork... gotta love it :)

Long time, no see, Chris!

Jenn

Glad you got things taken care of!!!! Kudos to Chris and to Jenn.....need to get to Canton and check out her store. Do I need a passport to go that far? :D

Stacy, you're a hoot. I would bring a passport just in case :) I must admit that it certainly is well worth the drive.

Back