Need OverFlow Cover built

gort

Market
Reaction score
I had an overflow cover, hiding my pipes, but took it out and it got broke. A dumb move on my part. But now I have essentially a tank, with a glass box in the center, with my return pipe, overflow pipe, and return to tank from the sump pipe. Very visible and ugly of course.

My original overflow cover consisted of black plastic(plexi??) with the upper lip routed so fish cant get through etc... the standard thing.

Is there someone out there that could make me a new one? My tank is about 90 gallons, so its not a really large cover.

Would be glad to pay a good price for one if someone wants to make one for me.

take care, thanks (my Chromis keep getting in my over flow box , and down the pipe to the sock! )
404 933 0800

Me again. I may not have been real clear in my description. I have an overflow box, made of glass in the center of my tank. The cover is almost purely cosmetic with the exception of the slots for water flow at the top.

Gort;1029757 wrote: Me again. I may not have been real clear in my description. I have an overflow box, made of glass in the center of my tank. The cover is almost purely cosmetic with the exception of the slots for water flow at the top.

gort, if its made of acrylic (plexi) you can fix it yourself very easily. all you need is some weld-on 4 and your hands, you can use a special needle type applicator to apply the weld-on to the area and then just use your hands to hold it together tightly for about 5-10 minutes. if you dont know what it is you could always use 2 part liquid epoxy.

Thanks! I have tried super glue. I will try weld-on. Never used it but it sounds like it might do the trick. The SG didn't cut it. Thanks for the idea.

Another question, after I get it back together, I would like to paint it.. I have heard that some paint is reef safe? what do you think?

Gort;1029849 wrote: Thanks! I have tried super glue. I will try weld-on. Never used it but it sounds like it might do the trick. The SG didn't cut it. Thanks for the idea.

Another question, after I get it back together, I would like to paint it.. I have heard that some paint is reef safe? what do you think?

You can buy black acrylic. You might have to check around on the sourcing. But Weldon 4 is available from
a>   If you place your order early enough they may deliver the same day. They may even have the acrylic.

Hey Thanks a lot. I will post a pic ... preciate it. I am thinking based on the responses I will give Weldon-4 a shot.. I have all 3 pieces.. I just need to get them back together.
If that doesn't work will be in touch for sure.

Thanks again..

Back