Need recommendation on magnets

redstang

Market
Reaction score
I'm trying to fashion a shelf for all of my Apex equipment that will get held under my open air stand by magnets. I tried some used for cabinet doors and they just aren't strong enough.

The idea is that I can just lift the shelf into the cavity under the stand and it would lock into place when the magnets grab. It actually worked well until I put the apex stuff on the shelf. Too much weight. Would prefer a local source, or amazon I guess. Just need to know if anyone has had need of good magnets before.

Thanks!

i think harbor Freight has some on Douglas Blvd.

try mcmaster carr. they are on fulton ind.

eagle9252;757089 wrote: i think harbor Freight has some on Douglas Blvd.

try mcmaster carr. they are on fulton ind.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rare-earth-magnets/=h35lrq">http://www.mcmaster.com/#rare-earth-magnets/=h35lrq</a>[/QUOTE]

Harbor freight would be perfect so I'll check them out.

Thanks!

Rockler Woodworking (they have a website and a store on Roswell Rd) sells rare earth magnets in many sizes. Strong!

Selection may not be what you want but HD has magnets in the drawers in the hardware section. But, a trip to Rockler Woodworking would sure be fun. LOL

rdnelson99;757352 wrote: Selection may not be what you want but HD has magnets in the drawers in the hardware section. But, a trip to Rockler Woodworking would sure be fun. LOL

Yeah, already tried drawer magnets from Lowes and they aren't strong enough.

RedStang;757357 wrote: Yeah, already tried drawer magnets from Lowes and they aren't strong enough.

Didn't mean "Drawer Magenets". What I meant was in the drawers containing all kinds of odd stuff (located in the hardware section) they have magnets. But, They may not have any strong enough.

TChristman;757079 wrote: Try K&J Magnetics. They have everything you need in magnets.

+1

They have the strongest magnets i've seen. You will draw blood if you aren't careful. I'm using a few to hold a frag rack on 1/2" glass.

Back