Need Skimmer Recommendation for 150Gal

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
Title says it all,

I will be getting a tank that's no bigger than 150gal. Need something that can skim the crap out of the tank. I really prefer something that's rated for 300gal since there's no such thing as over-skimming.

Reef Octopus 2000SSS if space and money is no issue. I love my RO 3000 just like Brett does but I don't think they make this skimmer any longer

The bottom of the skimmer is a slip on with a gasket it's no more difficult than an external. Other than pulling the whole skimmer out every couple months to clean.

Bcavalli;1037073 wrote: The bottom of the skimmer is a slip on with a gasket it's no more difficult than an external. Other than pulling the whole skimmer out every couple months to clean.
thanks Brett. it seems like SSS series are "in" even though the performance is at least on par with the ones with external pumps. not sure if the extra money is worth it

hzheng33;1037067 wrote: Are the skimmers with pumps built inside the body more or less work/maintenance ? Are pumps outside easier to work with during maintenance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones with the pump enclosed inside the skimmer body (like the bubble magus curve) take a little bit more time to get to the pump when maintenance comes around.

Back