Need some Fish Help

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
I have a reagle tang that has over the last couple of days developed some colorless spots on its body. Eating fine other than the spots appears to be normal. I have attached pics the spots are almost white but they are not parasitic looking it just looks like the tang has colorless splotches. in addition to the spots circled there is another one at his mouth on one side.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
98704=6145-Hippo Spot 2.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
98704=6145-Hippo Spot 2.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Hippo Spot 2.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
98704=6144-Hippo Spot.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
98704=6144-Hippo Spot.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Hippo Spot.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

maybe its a sign of it getting to adult hood im sure someone will chime in good luck with her george

Victor626nj;98705 wrote: maybe its a sign of it getting to adult hood im sure someone will chime in good luck with her george

THANKS

gclackum;98704 wrote: I have a reagle tang that has over the last couple of days developed some colorless spots on its body. Eating fine other than the spots appears to be normal. I have attached pics the spots are almost white but they are not parasitic looking it just looks like the tang has colorless splotches. in addition to the spots circled there is another one at his mouth on one side.

Doesnt appear to be ich. Looks more like hes rubbing in the rocks which could be a sign of bad things to come or it could mean hes just rubbing in the rocks. Hippos are skittish fish that stress out over anything. They are very prone to ich. I ran mine thru Hyposalinity and for 6 mos good so far.

Make sure he gets lots of Nori. If you are not doing it already you might want to consider letting the fishes food soak in Garlic and some meds like Zoe. A huge help would be to mix a little Metrondiazole with the food daily also.

Tough fish but great looking and worth the risk IMHO!

if its just in the morning that is normal as mine loses his coloration overnight.

cdub;98741 wrote: if its just in the morning that is normal as mine loses his coloration overnight.

Yep, tangs will do that. Is he getting bullied by anyone in the tank?

I noticed him bullying my trigger. And he and my sailfin have always tusseled. Its just the first time I've seen these spots showup

Back