Need some help

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
I have two questions.

The first picture is a mushroom which I bought several months ago just curious if anybody can tell me what it is? I was told it was a recordia. It looks like a warty. The base shows an orange color under atinics.

The second is a Foxface. However he always has the black shadow color on his back. Is he always stressed? Is this normal coloration?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
153095=9552-Foxface 2.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
153095=9552-Foxface 2.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Foxface 2.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
153095=9551-mushroom.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
153095=9551-mushroom.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="mushroom.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Id say stressed...is it there 100% of the time? If so it may just be coloring...That mushroom is causing the stress...Ill take it off your hands ;)

Not sure about the ID...I would say ric but it's hard for me to tell. As for the foxface: his full body would change if he was stressed, its an OBVIOUS change so unless that's happening then thats not it.

Thats just his normal coloring. Mine looks the same.

the black "dot' is normal-the browning kinda color is most likely stress--mine when anything at all happens, he turns that color-he is also that color when the lights are out or he is behind rocks-it'snot that big of a deal, but he should be bright yellow at least some of the time.

corals are always almost impossible to ID unless you kill it and look at their skeletal structure.

i don't think it's ricordea... i don't see any individual mouths. i'm not a good IDer, however.

Err plz don't kill it to identify it. There is no skeleton to ID on this one!!! It's definitely a ricordia as Darren said its probably a yuma and not a flordia but its hard to tell from the pic.

Back