48" Extreme Orbit 2x130watt SunPaq with Lunar Lights & Fan
48" Jebo 4x 65 watt PC lights

<u>Fish</u>
x2 percula clownfish

<u>Coral</u>
Daisy Coral
Kenya Tree
Green Mushrooms

i want to get rid of my fluval and emperor filter and turn the bottom of my tank into a sump.

i already have a 10 gallon tank ready for it.

im not sure what all i will need and how im going to get the water from my tank into the sump then back into my tank

suggestions?

you can either drill the tank or get an overflow box. all my sump is a 29gallon with a protien skimmer some bio balls and live rock and sand.

i was wondering if i culd turn my fluval into anything?

because every1 tells me to get rid of it.

i have probably until dec before i will purchase equip for the fuge

Ace of Spades;220614 wrote: Can you elaborate?
You can fill it with carbon, GFO, purigen ETC and not use it for mechanical or bio filtration. They are actually handy to have around.

Ace of Spades;220616 wrote: Sorry, I misread your original post. Thanks though.

I'm using a Fluval Fx5. I'm running GAC, Purigen, some Phosphate remover (I tend to overfeed). What is your take on adding polishing pads and rubble to that mix?
I think its fine on a smaller tank like Dawg stated but not the best option for reef tank filtration. Also like he said it needs to be cleaned often. I run a sump and use "polishing pads" between my baffles but keep a canister around for a media reactor in case problems arise.

Ace of Spades;220621 wrote: Sorry to 'jack your thread, Jruberti. But this may help you some.

I've got a 55g with a 25 g fuge. I will have live sand and rubble in my fuge along with some macro algae. Cleaning the canister every other week or so doesn't present a problem currently. Should I just drop the bags of media in my fuge like in a filter sock from my tank out pipe and nix the fluval?
Thats what I do just place them in a high flow area such as next to the pump :up:

Back