need to frag hammerhead coral

pullins125

Market
Reaction score
i am suspost to frag a pice of my hammerhead coral for meeting tonight. was wondering if somebody will be kind enough to frag for me. i dont wanna frag it and it die on me so prefer to have one more experienced do the task.

Is it the branching type? If so you can use a pair of dykes to cut it at the base of a junction. That part is not alive so you can't hurt it. If it is the ridge type then it is best done on a wet saw. I think John is bringing his saw to the meeting tonight so you might check with him to see if he will let you use it and if so bring the coral with you.

If the heads are branching out from the hard skeleton stalk just snap them off. As said before a pair of cutters will work.

i not saleing it i trading somebody for some frogspawn. but i dont wanna kill it. i believe it is branching kind but ill still bring to meeting and hope somebody can frag for me.

it is a branching. you saw me frag it when you got it. just cut with dykes, tile saw or like I did with a dremel with diamond disk. quick and easy and you will not harm it.

Jason

I just fragged mine with a pair of needle nose pliers. The branches will break off easily...

Back