Need your ideas on new reef setup!

ouling

Market
Reaction score
This one is going on the second floor. I'm going to cut out a closet so it'll fit in the wall and look much nicer.

Can't do more than 90 because I don't want the noise to permeate the sleeping quarters.

Biggest Question:

Should I drill a hole on the bottom of the floor to run a sump in the basement?????

Pros:
1. VERY VERY VERY easy water change w/o spills
2. Much larger water volume.
3. Lower noise level
4. Able to have more equipt and fans to help with the heat.
5. Lower humid in the house.
6. Run super big refugium and refuge lights in basement.

Cons:
1. Require some drilling and plumbing
2. Basement is pretty hot, just not sure how hot.
3. Require some serious strength to move my stuff
4. I'm scared the floor will go out.
5. Having to route extra outlets and GFICs for the made in China and Italy products
6. Getting deeper in the fish addiction and having more money down the drain.

Please advise, add or take off anything, or make comments.

If I have some overwhelming one sided response then I'll go with that one.

yes do it , have your sump in the basement. You can get an *** load of rubbermaid containers and have a huge sump. The plumbing is the easy part ill come help you just supply wings and beer and frags

Alright thats a good deal. This will happen next week or two. Tanks isn't that heavy and i'm just going to do a 100% water change. You can have 20-30lbs of live rock Chris since my coral need more room. Get 30lbs of sand too if you want.

This section is RIGHT UNDER the tank!!! Imagine the possibilities!! And I won't have to worry about the fuse box or other stuff getting splashed. Well maybe my old LAN setup.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
56832=3861-Picture 280.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
56832=3861-Picture 280.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 280.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ouling when you decide what day the move is let me know. My son's and me can help IF we're not working. My son's have the experience moving Jaime's 300 gal. Work is the limiting factor and I know where you live. :wow2: Jeff

Back