Needing to move tanks out of office

bobz

Supporting
Reaction score
I know we all dread it when the time comes that we have to move an established tank. I've been trying to figure out a way to avoid it but since we are having new flooring installed in the house, looks like the time has come. I have to put together a plan to relocate the tanks temporarily to have the install done. As long as I am doing that, I decided it was time to finally permanently replace my old 210 with a brand new tank. I'm going smaller this time, looking at a 120 since it will fit better in to the room and my days of reaching down in to a deep tank are over!

Right now, I'm currently running a 110G, 60G and a 30G cube. The plan is to consolidate down to a single system, which means I will need to eliminate some incompatible livestock.

I am looking to pickup a 90G tank to setup temporarily to relocate my current corals and fish from the 110G an the 60G. Once I have those tanks emptied, I'll put the remaining base rock in to a large garbage bin to keep submerged and cycled. This way I can keep the system running while I do the new build for the new system, tying it in eventually to the same sump and system.

If anyone has a 90 to 120G RR that is in decent shape (scratched is fine) that I can use as a temporary storage tank for the fish and livestock, let me know!

Started this thread to sort of plan my thoughts out and think through how best to do this. Maybe some one will find it useful at some point.

Wish me luck!
Bob

Hey Bob...I have a Rubbermaid 150 stock tank that you are more than welcome to borrow. It's what I used when I went from my 93 cube to the 180 a few years back.

G'luck Bob! I remember helping you move that tank into that office a decade ago or so... Crashed my Z on the way there lol :(. Ahh memories...

porpoiseaquatics;1104944 wrote: Hey Bob...I have a Rubbermaid 150 stock tank that you are more than welcome to borrow. It's what I used when I went from my 93 cube to the 180 a few years back.

thanks! I may take you up on the offer... I thought about going that route too but the only place I could fit it would be in the garage and I am worried about the cold weather and maintaining temp. Appreciate the offer!
Bob

bobz;1104947 wrote: thanks! I may take you up on the offer... I thought about going that route too but the only place I could fit it would be in the garage and I am worried about the cold weather and maintaining temp. Appreciate the offer!
Bob

I understand the concerns. I did it in my garage with two 300w heaters and had no issues. It actually sat in the garage for about 2 months while I built my stand.

So this was the weekend that I began the breakdown and movement of the corals and fish. Two tanks emptied so far and one more to go! Most of the rocks and corals have been moved to the new tank. Aside from looing upset, all seem to be ok so far. Been at it since early this morning so needed a short break. This is hard work man!

BZ

Finally done for the night. Long day today. Got everything. Mov d to the 120. I was missing one of my tailspot blennies but just saw both in the 120! Yay. Still a lot of cleanup to do but that's it for tonight.

Back