Neglected Tank

scubagirl12

Market
Reaction score
This tank has been "neglected" for a YEAR :eek:
This is my old (first) 12g tank. I left it at home while gone to college with some kenya tree. I haven't touched it except distilled top of water. It's got a HOB filter and a small circulation pump. I may have changed the filter cartridge once or twice. I saw a cerith snail yesterday and there may be a couple more. Theres several different kinds of algae and tons of pods. It used the be infested with those red flatworms. not a single one found. it also used to be covered in coraline. now it all died and i scrapped off the skeletons. This is kind of like a science experiment now. Just thought yall might find it interesting.
Salinity is 1.026
pH is 8.3
You would think that over time salinity would decrease with salt creep and some in evaporation with only freshwater being added......

DSC_2214.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_2216.jpg
alt="" />

See the brown thing on the kenya? Anyone know what it is?
DSC_2217.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_2219.jpg
alt="" />

nope! i am just surprised its not a wasteland! makes me think maybe we should just leave our tanks be. im having water issues with my fully stocked one and wonder if I just leave it will it work itself out... but nah dont want to take the chance ha

Back